Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Garcia's Late Changes

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The late changes got us back into the game. I'm more concerned by an ageing defence that take 10 minutes to get going again after half- time.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Were you there? The changes helped no end and we looked very dangerous. In reality we should have won today but Wigan 3 chances 2 goals Brighton lots chances and 1 goal. There is the difference

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Simple answer, no. Our strikers not being able to take their chances is '****ing it up for us'

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
No, his refusal to play 2 goalscorers up front is from the beginning (especially at home) is. Statistically Ulloa scores very 5th attempt on goal. No-one else is providing any other source. Even when Crofts was scoring it was about every 15th attempt from him. Must play with 2 natural goalscorers in the squad or this is just going to continue.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
No, his refusal to play 2 goalscorers up front is from the beginning (especially at home) is. Statistically Ulloa scores very 5th attempt on goal. No-one else is providing any other source. Even when Crofts was scoring it was about every 15th attempt from him. Must play with 2 natural goalscorers in the squad or this is just going to continue.

Who are these goalscorers you speak of? We have a threadbare squad and Oscar is working wonders. We completely outplayed Wigan today but haven't got enough quality players.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
The whole 'one up front' business is a load of nonsense. If we play well, we create plenty of chances. Putting them in the net has been the problem. Having a second player up front is no guarantee we'll score more as we're then one creative player lighter in midfield. If it was that easy, everyone would play four up front.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ulloa & Barnes
Now I'm really confused, we don't have anyone at the club called Barnes.

The only one I can think of is the player who deputised for Ulloa all the time he was out injured.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
In what way were they late? I actually commented it was refreshing to see a manager make some early changes. Certainly early enough to make a difference.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
During the Paul Barber Q&A yesterday he stated that money is available during the loan window if Oscar wants to strengthen and I really hope Oscar he brings in another striker. Any injury to Ulloa and we would really be in trouble.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The last sub on come on for us still played 18 minutes (incl injury time). The first played 35. How are these late substitutions?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
During the Paul Barber Q&A yesterday he stated that money is available during the loan window if Oscar wants to strengthen and I really hope Oscar he brings in another striker. Any injury to Ulloa and we would really be in trouble.

The question is who's available that we can bring in though?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here