Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Barnes

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Why did we sell him? Easy: he didn't want to sign a new contract. Move on.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Is this that bloke who STILL hasn't scored for his new club?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Barnes would have scored lots today as he was so prolific..........not. Stupid thread

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
He's only played about 90 minutes of football for them.
The paychecks don't take that long to clear, tho.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The fact remains that Barnes is a much better footballer than Obika.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Obika already has scored for us?

Against a mediocre league 1 team. I'm talking week to week in the Championship when it matters. Barnes scored a hattrick against Maidstone in a friendly, but that's about as relevant as the Cup.

Basically Barnes is as likely to score for us (whilst playing for another team) as Obika is.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Against a mediocre league 1 team. I'm talking week to week in the Championship when it matters. Barnes scored a hattrick against Maidstone in a friendly, but that's about as relevant as the Cup.

Basically Barnes is as likely to score for us (whilst playing for another team) as Obika is.

So scoring in the FA Cup doesn't matter? I'm not Obika's biggest fan, but you've got to see how awful your comparison is?

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Yes, that Burnley have 3 quality strikers and that's why they're 2nd. We are left with one quality striker and that is why we're 8th.

Barnes is good, but he's not quality. I don't think Barnes would have been a game changer today if I'm being honest.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Maybe you're right.

But are you saying by scoring in the FA Cup Obika is good enough for the Championship, because it's about as relevant as the friendly.

My point is at this level Barnes was and is a much better proposition than Obika.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
So scoring in the FA Cup doesn't matter? I'm not Obika's biggest fan, but you've got to see how awful your comparison is?

Maybe you're right.

But are you saying by scoring in the FA Cup Obika is good enough for the Championship, because it's about as relevant as the friendly.

My point is at this level Barnes was and is a much better proposition than Obika.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Maybe you're right.

I'm not saying that at all - I'm discussing your post saying that Barnes has more chance of scoring for us than Obika is, when Obika has already scored a competitive goal for us. Also, a competitive goal will always be more important than a Friendly, because there is more riding on it (regardless of the score at the time).

I agree with you that Barnes is possibly a better player than Obika, but that's not the point i was raising.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here