Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

8.5........... (The Buckley Dive)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
8.5 is my mark out of 10 for that dreadful dive by Will to try and get a penalty.

Why do they do it ?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
8.5 is my mark out of 10 for that dreadful dive by Will to try and get a penalty.

Why do they do it ?

The worst aspect of football these days. The only excuse is that when players do stay on their feet, they'd need to be attacked with a chainsaw before a ref would give a penalty.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
I was embarrassed. He had practically got round the defender as well, who knows what would have happened if he had kept his feet.

Reminded me of Andy Kennedy days.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Embarrassing, shameful, bizarre, and embarrassing.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Ironic, isn't it? We slagged off Buckley for falling over with the slightest at Selhurst 2 years ago and you lot absolutely slaughtered Zaha for diving and actually still do.

How will you react to another Buckley dive? I'm not fishing, it's a genuine question.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Diving is unmanly.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Ridiculous dive, especially as he had pretty much beaten the defender. Just comical.

Feb 28, 2006
Eastleigh
He had already lost the ball and was trying to make a goal out of it somehow, he is a Brighton player trying to get his team back on terms anyhow he can. And I like everyone else would have celebrated it if he had pulled it off. It happens all the time. Stop being so precious ffs

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
That ref today or rather his assistant on the west side wouldnt have given it even then.

He annoyed Grimsby Town fans in 2005 when he awarded Darlington two suspect penalties and also red carded 2 Grimsby players in a game at Blunder Park. Grimsby Town put in an official complaint to the Football League and requested that he never refereed a Grimsby Town game in the future.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Ironic, isn't it? We slagged off Buckley for falling over with the slightest at Selhurst 2 years ago and you lot absolutely slaughtered Zaha for diving and actually still do.

How will you react to another Buckley dive? I'm not fishing, it's a genuine question.

Diving is shameful regardless of the club the players turns out for. Having said that I'm hardly going to be screaming abuse at him next time he plays. A way to reduce diving perhaps would be to reduce the size of the penalty box.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Ujjoa had a pop with one as well, and actually looked affronted when nothing was forthcoming. It is gamesmanship of the worst kind that sticks out like a sore thumb :nono:

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
He had already lost the ball and was trying to make a goal out of it somehow, he is a Brighton player trying to get his team back on terms anyhow he can. And I like everyone else would have celebrated it if he had pulled it off. It happens all the time. Stop being so precious ffs

I don't think anyone's being precious. It was shit and embarrassing. I think it's great that BHA fans are suitably unimpressed by it and are willing to say so.

Having said that, the Long haired Wigan lads dramatic triple roll was almost as bad.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Diving is shameful regardless of the club the players turns out for. Having said that I'm hardly going to be screaming abuse at him next time he plays. A way to reduce diving perhaps would be to reduce the size of the penalty box.

A way to reduce or even stop diving would be to show a straight red card. This would have an immediate effect.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Ujjoa had a pop with one as well, and actually looked affronted when nothing was forthcoming. It is gamesmanship of the worst kind that sticks out like a sore thumb :nono:

If I remember rightly that occurred at a corner where Greer ran across the penalty box with a Hull player wrapped around his waist trying to stop him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here