Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brennan Dickenson scored for Northampton today

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Really? Thought he was quite pathetic. The one bit of 'skill' he did, when he stood still and the defender committed himself was laughable as was the side-footed attempt.

No mention of the decent run into the box that left defenders for dead then?

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
Good to see our DS players scoring goals at Football League level recently.

Why? He is not wanted and will be released in the summer i believe. Do we have a glut of young strikers at the club or injury prone or pointless loan options!!

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Then gracefully passed it to the keeper despite 2 players running in.

Easy to see whatever Obika does is going to be frowned upon, It's not as if it was the only attempted cross that was misplaced today was it? Maybe I just don't like slagging players off for the sake of it but I thought Obika was causing their defenders problems when he came on today.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Is he out of contract in the summer?

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Easy to see whatever Obika does is going to be frowned upon, It's not as if it was the only attempted cross that was misplaced today was it? Maybe I just don't like slagging players off for the sake of it but I thought Obika was causing their defenders problems when he came on today.

I'm not suggesting that others didn't misplace crosses. I'm just saying that after his nice little dribble, he didn't deliver. One of his better performances granted, but he really isn't good enough. Not really sure what else Garcia could have done though, kind of had to put him on.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Err, I thought I did. It was a single defender, who committed himself as Obika dithered...... I don't recall any other runs or impact come to that.

If it had been Ulloa doing anything Obika done today I doubt he'd be getting the same stick, We'll just have to agree to disagree but I thought he was a positive when he came on.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
If it had been Ulloa doing anything Obika done today I doubt he'd be getting the same stick, We'll just have to agree to disagree but I thought he was a positive when he came on.

Fair enough. But other than the goal Ulloa was hopeless as well, but all the time he's scoring, it is masking his other shortcomings such as first touch.

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes
The thing is we had to replace Barnes and Crofts. In come Stephens and Obika and from what we have seen so far they are not good enough. Some say stephens was good today, myself and others around thought othwerwise but theres time for them to impress when they get used to our style. Unfortunately that will probably need a good pre season so maybe next year. I will be delighted to be proved wrong!

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Why? He is not wanted and will be released in the summer i believe. Do we have a glut of young strikers at the club or injury prone or pointless loan options!!

Wow, someone got out of bed on the wrong side this morning, didn't they? The Argus suggested he might be leaving (permanently) in the transfer window, but he didn't. I have no more idea whether he will be offered another deal than you do, but as long as he remains contracted to us, I will be pleased to see him playing and scoring, whether it is for us or another club on loan.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I wish a few others would mask their shortcomings by scoring.

I would agree. But uUlloa does not look happy at the moment for whatever reason and I think he'll be another on his way at the end of the season.

Thought Stephens played well yesterday, but I feel fairly certain Crofts would have scored the chance he hit the bar with.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here