Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you think our TERTIARY colour should be yellow, red or nothing at all?

Choose your tertiary colour

• YELLOW is groovy

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • I want more RED

Votes: 19 38.8%
  • JUST blue and white

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Tom, go to bed.

Votes: 12 24.5%

• Total voters

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
So, it seems like yellow is the new red nowadays. The beak of the seagull and the (controversial) kit numbers have changed to yellow for the first time ever.
Personally, I'd like to see a change back to red. That red number 8 on Peter Ward's shirt is iconic IMO.
albion_mosaic.jpg

After a few seasons with just blue and white, I really don't see why we've switched to the yellow, it's all a bit... Colchester.

What do you think? (and yes. I am a little bit drunk)

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
The yellow is the only thing that let's this season's kit down really. I love the away kit but the yellow just looks tacky with the blue and white. The red numbers do look good.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yellow for the numbers is hopeless as has been mentioned many times on this board.

It's the lack of patch rather than the colour isn't it? I'm not sure red numbers would be any more legible on a shirt with no patch.

The patched shirt will be back next season.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
What does tertiary mean? Is it the same as 'haddock'?

It's the stage of education where university lecturers teach their students what was previously taught in the first couple of years of secondary school. Reading, riting and rithametic.

I quite like the yellow flashes on the kit, but must say that only blue and white is best.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
The yellow seems to be a thing these days, the club are pushing it. Isn't one of the flags in the SWC basically just a Leeds flag ???

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
It's the lack of patch rather than the colour isn't it? I'm not sure red numbers would be any more legible on a shirt with no patch.

The patched shirt will be back next season.

This is a Huddersfield shirt without a patch. The number seems clear.

nw10x7256-1287024_478x359-6497074.jpg

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I'm sure Tertiary is something to do with rinds of Lemons.
Do I win a biscuit ?

BHAFC_SWC

honorary pierced weirdo
Feb 26, 2013
West Sussex
Bloke in SWC was wearing a top bearing the SWC 'target' logo. Do the SWC have their own clothing range now?!

We certainly do, it raises money for the flags and we'll donate 50% of the profits to the REMF once they reach a decent amount.

WeAreTheSWC.com/shop

We've used the yellow simply because it's the clubs current tertiary colour, and people in the group seem to like it. Personally think blue & red is a bit too palace!

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
So, it seems like yellow is the new red nowadays. The beak of the seagull and the (controversial) kit numbers have changed to yellow for the first time ever.
Personally, I'd like to see a change back to red. That red number 8 on Peter Ward's shirt is iconic IMO.
View attachment 51470

After a few seasons with just blue and white, I really don't see why we've switched to the yellow, it's all a bit... Colchester.

What do you think? (and yes. I am a little bit drunk)

Well blue and white seems all a bit... Sheffield Wednesday.

To be honest, blue and white should of course be our standard home kit colour scheme. For away games when we're playing far from the coast, red or yellow are fine. Or how about red AND yellow? That would appease everyone (or no one, depending on your POV).

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Nothing at all would be okay in the summer but a cold, wet Tuesday night in February?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I like the yellow but agree the number on Wards shirt looks great.

Blue, white and red on merchandise reminds me of another team up the road, I have some old pin badges from the 80s with blue, white and yellow and think the colours look good together.

SWC flag, top work chaps.:thumbsup:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Silver would look nice with blue and white...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here