Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just Do It

JimmyJayUK

Feb 20, 2014
So it looks like Nike is our new kit manufacturer after having it confirmed at the club superstore.

I can't wait to see it personally, all clothing will get a much needed boost in quality.

Any thoughts?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Those poorly fed, badly paid, nibble-fingered little South East Asian kids better make it nicely, or I'll be FURIOUS.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
So it looks like Nike is our new kit manufacturer after having it confirmed at the club superstore.

I can't wait to see it personally, all clothing will get a much needed boost in quality.

Any thoughts?

Whether or not this is correct, why would someone in the club superstore confirm this to you?

And if it is Nike, I wouldn't hold you breath for an improvement in quality either.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells

Any thoughts?

Yep, agreed. I find that the clothes made by Nike's 14 yr old kids would certainly be an improvement on the rubbish made by the 12 yr olds we currently use.

JimmyJayUK

Feb 20, 2014
Not sure why really, I don't think he was lying though. Why would he?

I asked out of curiosity and he instantly said Nike without hesitation.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Is this Nike using 'guerrilla' marketing to raise awareness of their 'brand'?

I for one would use my first post on NSC to raise this important piece of news.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Quick. Somebody dig out the Nike park football catalogue so we can guess which dull design it'll be.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

Attachments

• BLUE&WHITE.jpeg
    BLUE&WHITE.jpeg
    10.4 KB · Views: 1,335

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Okay... Moving on...

In answer to your original question, my thoughts are that it will almost certainly look crap, as I can think of very few Nike shirts that I've ever liked. Especially not at our level. The idea of dressing like Southend and Fleetwood does not thrill me.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Not sure why really, I don't think he was lying though. Why would he?

I asked out of curiosity and he instantly said Nike without hesitation.

Why would he lie? If he does know, and he's given that information out ahead of the clubs planned launch in 2 weeks time, and he's telling the truth, he could find himself in hot water. If he is part of the inner circle of staff who do know, then he'll also know that he not allowed to divulge the information. It's been kept as a secret (despite some saying they know what it is) for many months now.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Okay... Moving on...

When I go to football, I often feel thirsty. That's why I always grab a COCA-COLA from the bar at half-time. COCA-COLA really satisfies my thirst, it's a great taste and it gives me a much needed caffeine boost to make it through til full-time.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
When I go to football, I often feel thirsty. That's why I always grab a COCA-COLA from the bar at half-time. COCA-COLA really satisfies my thirst, it's a great taste and it gives me a much needed caffeine boost to make it through til full-time.

Whilst I like nothing more than a Players Navy Cut before & after a game. The smooth, filtered, unique taste of Players Navy Cut soothes my nerves, clears my lungs and smells great too.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
This (with our badge and sponsor obviously) could look superb - possibly not one for the fatties though.

Porto+13-14+Home+Kit+(4).jpg

albionite

May 20, 2009
Has anyone else confirmed this or just a poster who has signed up today to tell us it is Nike.

JimmyJayUK

Feb 20, 2014
Why would he lie? If he does know, and he's given that information out ahead of the clubs planned launch in 2 weeks time, and he's telling the truth, he could find himself in hot water. If he is part of the inner circle of staff who do know, then he'll also know that he not allowed to divulge the information. It's been kept as a secret (despite some saying they know what it is) for many months now.

We are not talking MI5 here, it is only a football kit. I'm sure the shop are aware as they get stock lists and have most likely been briefed.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
My thoughts are we should wait for the announcement and design instead of going off rumours and speculation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here