Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All-Time Brighton and Hove Albion Draft

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
Nicked shamelessly from another forum, and given a BHAFC twist.

All-Time BHAFC Draft

images

Are you ready for the challenge?

Attention all wannabe managers and tacticians - who'd be interested in taking part in an 'All-Time BHAFC Draft'?

In this draft game you have to build a team, with each player satisfying one of the following categories:

Category 1 - Has played for Brighton at least 50 times.
Category 2 - Has been promoted with Brighton
Category 3 - Has received a full International cap during his career.
Category 4 - Has been relegated with Brighton
Category 5 - Has never played in the Top English Division
Category 6 - Played in at least 4 different seasons for Brighton
Category 7 - Has been relegated with Brighton
Category 8 - Has been loaned to Brighton
Category 9 - Has scored 10 or more goals in a season for Brighton
Category 10 - Has played under 3 different managers during his Brighton career
Category 11 - Has played a home game for us at two or more stadiums

11 players, 11 different categories. We will pick our players in a snake-draft format.

E.g

Round One
Manager 1 - Chooses a player
Manager 2 - Chooses a player
Manager 3 - Chooses a player

Round Two
Manager 3 - Chooses a player
Manager 2 - Chooses a player
Manager 1 - Chooses a player etc

You can chose the category/position to fill in any order you want but the players will only be judged on their Brighton careers ONLY. Once everybody has picked 11 players they must post their formation, and we will have a vote for Best Defence, Best Midfield, Best Attack, Most Balanced and Best Overall team. Once the votes are counted there will be an award ceremony.

Draft Rules

1. Once the first pick has been made, the next manager has a maximum of 10 HOURS to make his pick. If the 10 hour deadline expires, the next manager in the draft order can make his pick.

2. If you think you will be away for over 10 hours remember to leave someone your shortlist to post for you.

3. Once you have made your pick, please Private Message the manager who follows you in the Draft Order.

4. You must draft a goalkeeper! Choose a sensible formation and build a balanced team.

5. DO NOT name unpicked players! Repeat offenders will miss their go.

6-12 would be an ideal number of players, so first come first serve I guess. If you want to play then just say you're in. Any questions then feel free to ask. (I will be randomizing the user list before we start)

1. Mr.Mero
2. StripeyShark

Last edited:

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
Good man, hopefully a few others will be interested or it could be a very short game.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
You lost me at [old badge]

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Don't mess with Mr Mero. Jamie did, and look what happened to him!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I think I want to play, even though I don't really understand it

So when its my turn I pick a player who satisfies one of the categories, but what does Rule 5 mean

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
I think I want to play, even though I don't really understand it

So when its my turn I pick a player who satisfies one of the categories, but what does Rule 5 mean

Pretty much, yes. At the end you should have a team of 11, with each category covered once. If you still don't get it (I know I'm not the best at explaining stuff) then let me know and I shall drop you a PM from a previous version of this game I played on another forum.

As for rule 5, don't name players that haven't been picked yet. Just keeps it fair, if you were to mention Chris Holyrod then it alerts everyone to that player being available still so somebody who was saving him for a later pick would then miss out somebody they would have otherwise got. Every player can only be had by one team, so finding talented players who most people won't think of is a pretty valuable tool to have. As stated above, I'm terrible at explaining things - Sorry!

Just realised I can no longer edit the first post, so will have to keep a who's playing list here.

1. Mr.Mero
2. StripeyShark
3. Turienzo's Lovechild
4. Hamilton
5. MattBackHome
6. Gazwag
7. ShaolinPunk
8. Moggy

Last edited:

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
I'll play although I'm not sure what it's all about

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
I'll play although I'm not sure what it's all about

Its Football Manager meets Back to the Future. You have to pick an all-time BHAFC XI where each of the 11 categories being accounted for. However every player can only be had once, so do you go for the best players you can think of with your first picks, and then worry about filling in the categories later or do you fill the harder categories first and miss out on the best of the best?

Its pretty easy to pick-up once you starting playing. As I said to Gazwag, I can always dig out an example from other forum if needs be, just drop me a PM and let me know. :)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here