Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

hull city in cup replay

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
Hull Pay on the Day
Hull City will be operating a pay on the gate system for fans still in need of tickets for Monday night's FA Cup replay at the KC Stadium.

The system, which will be cash only, will operate from the away turnstiles numbered 47-50.

Advance tickets will be taken off sale at 9am on Monday morning and any ordered will need to be collected from us by 5:15pm on Saturday 22ndFebruary.

Any uncollected tickets will then be sent to Hull and will be made available from the same turnstiles [47-50] as those operating the pay on the gate system.

Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/hull-pay-on-the-day-1374294.aspx#4dqPXosHTGWHgsI2.99

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I wonder if we will beat the 150 or so who made a trip to Hull on a Weds nite. This was after the Liverpool game at Anfield on the Sunday.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Anyone have any idea of how many we've sold so far?

Can't see the club's ticket gesture making much difference, given the logistical nightmare it will be to get home. Putting on some coaches would have been a better option, IMHO.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Wonder what itv4 viewing figures will be? Especially in the south and North East.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Ticket #200 here.

I reckon we'll make 350.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
When did you buy it, vis a vis Goldstone1976's purchase!?

Wednesday lunchtime I think. Then again they're sold in rows as well as seat numbers so not sure where that leaves it? Have seen a photo of someone else's on Facebook which seems to be number 199. But row EE.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
i got this about 2 hours ago on twitter from the person below
Darren Balkham ‏@Suspolfootball 2 hrs
around 300 currently sold

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
Not a chance in hell we've sold 600.

If the club had laid on some subsidised travel, I'd have been tempted to go. £10pp coach travel would be enough to break even on the hire (50 seats x £10 = £500 a coach.) People could have chosen to either get the coach both ways, or people like me who prefer travelling to games on the train could have used it as a means to get home.

As I can't drive it would have worked out at £30 for the train up, £15 ticket, £10 coach home - Ticket and Travel for £50 seems reasonable. Could have a few drinks and a bit of scram and still spent less than £75, which in my books is cheap for a proper northern away game.

However as it stands I'm left with the choice of the Costa Express which I'm guessing will be North of £30 or the train at £60 and an overnight kip in either Hull or Doncaster. Don't mind a coach on the way back as you can get some sleep, but 6 hours on there for the way up would be torture.

The free ticket is a great gesture by the club, but it wasn't the way to go if we wanted to rewards fans with cheap game.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Not a chance in hell we've sold 600.

If the club had laid on some subsidised travel, I'd have been tempted to go. £10pp coach travel would be enough to break even on the hire (50 seats x £10 = £500 a coach.) People could have chosen to either get the coach both ways, or people like me who prefer travelling to games on the train could have used it as a means to get home.

As I can't drive it would have worked out at £30 for the train up, £15 ticket, £10 coach home - Ticket and Travel for £50 seems reasonable. Could have a few drinks and a bit of scram and still spent less than £75, which in my books is cheap for a proper northern away game.

However as it stands I'm left with the choice of the Costa Express which I'm guessing will be North of £30 or the train at £60 and an overnight kip in either Hull or Doncaster. Don't mind a coach on the way back as you can get some sleep, but 6 hours on there for the way up would be torture.

The free ticket is a great gesture by the club, but it wasn't the way to go if we wanted to rewards fans with cheap game.

I sympathise with your view and wonder how the Club can do this equitably and cost effectively for all fans. The logistics need to be as simple as possible. Maybe apply a discount for all Hull tickets sold via the BHA ticket office, not just for STs etc? Even that discriminates against those obliged to POTG.

I'm not an ST holder mainly because I'm now an exile and its a 350 mile round trip to/from the Amex. I tend to do many more away games than home games and often POTG - so I don't accumulate optimal numbers of loyalty points. However I still rack up very significant mileages and / or train fares supporting the Albion. Yet I won't lose too much sleep over it and won't stop me going to Hull, but the discount feels inequitable and my own loyalty as a fan isn't being recognised.

Even a free pint would have been a nice gesture (it went down well at 'Boro). I will have to console myself that the Hull ticket is only £15 - and technically we are going to watch a 'Premiership' team in a 'Premiership' stadium (although The Amex is superior)...........

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
I sympathise with your view and wonder how the Club can do this equitably and cost effectively for all fans. The logistics need to be as simple as possible. Maybe apply a discount for all Hull tickets sold via the BHA ticket office, not just for STs etc? Even that discriminates against those obliged to POTG.

I'm not an ST holder mainly because I'm now an exile and its a 350 mile round trip to/from the Amex. I tend to do many more away games than home games and often POTG - so I don't accumulate optimal numbers of loyalty points. However I still rack up very significant mileages and / or train fares supporting the Albion. Yet I won't lose too much sleep over it and won't stop me going to Hull, but the discount feels inequitable and my own loyalty as a fan isn't being recognised.

Even a free pint would have been a nice gesture (it went down well at 'Boro). I will have to console myself that the Hull ticket is only £15 - and technically we are going to watch a 'Premiership' team in a 'Premiership' stadium (although The Amex is superior)...........

I'm in exactly the same situation, tend to POTG for most away games and get to a couple of home games a season

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Surely those people that POTG can be accommodated by BHAFC by simply having a system whereby you can send in your stubs say every quarter to gain the 'loyalty' points? It can't be that difficult to administer. :shrug:

Surely those people that POTG can be accommodated by BHAFC by simply having a system whereby you can send in your stubs say every quarter to gain the 'loyalty' points? It can't be that difficult to administer. :shrug:

I am guessing Albion earn a commission for every one they sell, plus the booking fee. So if you POTG, the club do not benefit from you financially.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here