Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
oscar-press-21feb14-ld229-1374029_478x359.jpg

Oscar being interviewed at the training ground

PUBLISHED
14:00 21st February 2014
by Ben Soro-Perez
In my opinion Wigan have the strongest and biggest squad in the league and it will be a massive test for us"
Oscar Garcia
Brighton & Hove Albion head coach Oscar Garcia believes Wigan’s strength and depth means his side will have to be at their best when the Lactics visit tomorrow.
Watch Oscar's full pre match press conference on Seagulls Player
Arriving on the back of three consecutive wins, Uwe Rosler’s men have found their form and, despite the recent loss of the influential Ben Watson, the Spaniard believes the visitors ability to call on able replacements means they will arrive prepared.
He said, "In my opinion Wigan have the strongest and biggest squad in the league and it will be a massive test for us."
"They have lost Ben Watson but they have 25 or 26 other players good enough to play in every game but we will have to see how they come to play though. It’s a big game.
"They normally change their formation and often change their side based on the opposition. Uwe Rosler did fantastically well at Brentford and he’s doing well at Wigan too and he could pick three different starting elevens."
rosler-l229-1374039.jpg

Rosler has guided Wigan to three consecutive wins
With an FA Cup reply with Hull City is only two days later, Oscar admitted that the cup tie will not influence how he approaches the important Championship fixture with Wigan.
"I always say the same; we have to be focused on the next game because it is the next game for us to be able to do something.
"I don't look at the table either as I'm just focused on trying our best to beat Wigan. It's our philosophy and it must be our mentality."
UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES
Albion v Wigan:
Saturday 22nd February, kick-off 3pm
Albion v Reading:
Saturday 8th March, kick-off 3pm
Albion v QPR:
Tuesday 11th March, kick-off 7.45pm
Albion v Ipswich Town:
Saturday 22nd March, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports