REMF Challenge Match XIII

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The 13th Annual REMF Challenge Match -

BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION SUPPORTERS
v CRYSTAL PALACE SUPPORTERS

takes place at The Dripping Pan, Lewes on Friday 2 May - 7.45pm. (Doors 6.30pm)

£5 per person entry
£2 for U16s; FREE if accompanied by an adult
Pay on the gate only

Harvey's on tap in the bar.

There will be a raffle prize draw

This year's Brighton gaffers are Brett Mendoza and Ali Jenkins. Please address all team enquiries to them. :)

More details to follow in due course...

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Hello everyone,

Just introducing myself as this years Brighton REMF manager.

For anyone interested in being included in this years REMF squad please email me at brettmendoza@hotmail.com

Can you please let me know your name, age, position, playing standard etc. You must be at least 17 years old.

I will then let you know more details of the commitment I require from you in return, dates for friendlies, and other details you may require.

It would be good to get 4 or 5 new faces for the squad, then I can assemble of group of nice men to do battle with our neighbours up the road on what is always a top night.

I cannot guarantee everyone that gets in touch will be in the final squad, but I will at least try and give everyone an opportunity to play in the friendlies, and then pick a final squad from that pool of players closer to the game.

You will at least have your name in the frame for future matches.

I will not be discussing squad selection on here, mainly as I don't post here anymore.

So if you want to register interest, please email me.

Thank you please

Brett

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Thanks BoF. You can also get rid of my other post in here now as the details of who to contact have been posted by Brett already.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I'm 50, fat and useless at football but if I can help in any way other than playing (maybe help the palace cheerleaders to get changed) then I will offer myself up.

chamakh_attack

Feb 14, 2014
Are Peter Ward and the other ex player chap playing for you guys again this year? Not sure if we have secured any ex players yet but I think it certainly adds to the night and probably puts a few more on the gate. Always a good evening out.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
As far as I'm aware, Wardy is confirmed, Marlowe has been asked and there is still a decision to be made on one other ex pro.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
What's Alexis Nicolas up to these days?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Just mildly curious as to why somebody with over 22,000 posts (which represents a significant portion of anybody's life) suddenly stops posting and then reappears for a single one off appearance before disappearing again. Not expecting an answer, but just curious.

And anyone who expects this to be a binfest free area is clearly deluded (see every previous year).

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Just saying thanks to everyone who has registered an interest to me by email as requested.
Lots of new faces to take a look at.

For that reason, sadly I have to say that anyone who registers an interest from now on, it is a polite no, as the likelihood of getting in is very unlikely as the people who have already registered will get first dibs to try and make the final 18 man squad.

Apologies for any disappointment caused x

Thanks again

Brett

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Just saying thanks to everyone who has registered an interest to me by email as requested.
Lots of new faces to take a look at.

For that reason, sadly I have to say that anyone who registers an interest from now on, it is a polite no, as the likelihood of getting in is very unlikely as the people who have already registered will get first dibs to try and make the final 18 man squad.

Apologies for any disappointment caused x

Thanks again

Brett

Looking forward to seeing the squad. Once the ex-pros are accommodated a good chance of 15 or 16 new faces.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Feel free to download and distribute...

REMF 2014 poster2.jpg

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Nice poster. Are there echos of the Albion programmes from the early 1980's or does it just feel that way?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Nice poster. Are there echos of the Albion programmes from the early 1980's or does it just feel that way?

It looks all Optima and Cooper Black to me!

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
The 13th Annual REMF Challenge Match -

BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION SUPPORTERS
v CRYSTAL PALACE SUPPORTERS

takes place at The Dripping Pan, Lewes on Friday 2 May - 7.45pm. (Doors 6.30pm)

£5 per person entry
£2 for U16s; FREE if accompanied by an adult
Pay on the gate only

Harvey's on tap in the bar.
There will be a raffle prize draw

This year's Brighton gaffers are Brett Mendoza and Ali Jenkins. Please address all team enquiries to them. :)

More details to follow in due course...

We will be attending, donating, losing the raffle and cheering and booing as appropriate. :smile:

Just one thing and I hope I don't sound like a Victor Meldrew. But as this is raising money in memory of Robert could we bare to name him rather than calling it REMF ?

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I'm not being a whiny dick....but.......

Mendoza has done a fantastic job in raising what he's raised for REMF. But with him being involved in EVERYTHING kinda stops everyone other than him and his mates being involved in any sort of REMF fundraising going forward. It's great what he does, and I'm not knocking it.....but I'm guessing there is a lot of us that would love to get involved.....but find it somewhat awkward..... Don't get me wrong, I'll be there for the game, and support, but I would have loved to have been a part of it - the squad thing just wasn't advertised enough :(

Last edited:

Woodingdean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Woodingdean, Brighton

Mendoza has done a fantastic job in raising what he's raised for REMF. But with him being involved in EVERYTHING kinda stops everyone other than him and his mates being involved in any sort of REMF fundraising going forward. It's great what he does, and I'm not knocking it.....but I'm guessing there is a lot of us that would love to get involved.....but find it somewhat awkward..... Don't get me wrong, I'll be there for the game, and support, but I would have loved to have been a part of it - the squad thing just wasn't advertised enough :(

If you want to get involved with the REMF fundraising, watch out for the REMF Charity Golf day and support that by entering or sponsoring a hole.

All details for this will be post very soon.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick

Where would you like to see it advertised? It was mentioned on here and from that alone there were more people replying that can play on the day. It would be great to get as many people involved as possible but unfortunatly that just isn't possible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here