Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace fans fury

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Start the car.

At least one of our resident Palace chums will be on here shortly to conclusively and definitively link the actions of Cantona to the (tragic) death of a Palace fan who was run over by a coach at a Villa Park cup semi final months later.

Start the car.

At least one of our resident Palace chums will be on here shortly to conclusively and definitively link the actions of Cantona to the (tragic) death of a Palace fan who was run over by a coach at a Villa Park cup semi final months later.

The fact that there is a link, however tenuous, to the death of a fan, just like us, is or should be enough to treat the subject with a modicum of respect.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Start the car.

I bet the word "Munich" crops up too.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
He wasn't even a Palace fan. I'm surprised the Croydon Crew didn't know that.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I would be very surprised if many Manchester United fans have even heard of Crystal Palace FC, let alone have any knowledge of their history.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Just to be clear, I'm not suggesting for one moment that the death of a football fan at a game is anything less than horrifically tragic, and no doubt he's missed every single day by his family even now.

I just find the view of some CPFC types on the subject spectacularly (not to mention conveniently) simplistic: that Cantona loses it with some lying toe-rag at Selhurst>>> fan tragically loses life at game months later= Cantona's fault.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Nice back-pedaling Edna.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Start the car.

Indeed. And although I'm a trifle late this year I would like to wish everybody on NSC a belated Happy Cantona Day. Looks like our celebrations will be on Saturday this year. With regard to the tragic death of the Palace fan I'm never sure if the attempt to link the two events is contemptible or just pathetic. Either way I'll be commemorating the Great Eric on Saturday!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Some Palace idiot was saying it was OK for them to sing about Munich now.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
No back pedalling at all. I said in the first post it was tragic.

Good to see someone with absolutely no knowledge of the incident spout off as usual. Yes, there was a very big link between Paul Nixon's murder and the Cantona kick. If you actually had a clue Edna you would leave this topic as far alone as possible. RIP Paul Nixon.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Please explain it then.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Good to see someone with absolutely no knowledge of the incident spout off as usual. Yes, there was a very big link between Paul Nixon's murder and the Cantona kick. If you actually had a clue Edna you would leave this topic as far alone as possible. RIP Paul Nixon.

I've read the detail on this many times, but what I've never seen explained is if people are going to trace the tragic death of Paul Nixon back, why do they always stop at Cantona's lunge into the crowd? Why do they not take the logical next step and actually blame Matthew Simmons for his foul-mouthed tirade that instigated the whole thing? The only reason I can think of is that Palace don't want to blame one of their own (even if he really wasn't one of their own). I'd be grateful if someone could explain to me why the first event in the chain that some say lead to the death of Paul Nixon is Cantona's lunge, and not what provoked Cantona into that lunge.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
Then why not look at the actual first thing in the chain which was Cantona hacking down Richard Shaw because Shaw had had him in his pocket all game?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Then why not look at the actual first thing in the chain which was Cantona hacking down Richard Shaw because Shaw had had him in his pocket all game?

:tantrum:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here