Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it Me or has The Argus Found a New Low in Proof Reading?

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Difficult to say......

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Misssing article?

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I don't think you can find a new low for something that clearly doesn't happen in the first place.

My personal favourite Argus screw up was a picture of a burning house (or some sort of fire) in the middle of a golfing story, with a golf related caption underneath ('Mr X crossing the bridge to hole the 18th' or something).

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I don't think you can find a new low for something that clearly doesn't happen in the first place.

My personal favourite Argus screw up was a picture of a burning house (or some sort of fire) in the middle of a golfing story, with a golf related caption underneath ('Mr X crossing the bridge to hole the 18th' or something).

Ach... the number of pictures printed in the Argus with the caption "CAPTION GOES HERE". :rolleyes:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Their geography is poor too. They reported last week that the flood water was running onto the A27 at Falmer. Any local would know that this would be the Winterbourne Stream a few hundred yards West of the Kingston Roundabout.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Is it me. Or Has The Argus Found a new Low in Proof Reading?

Their geography is poor too. They reported last week that the flood water was running onto the A27 at Falmer. Any local would know that this would be the Winterbourne Stream a few hundred yards West of the Kingston Roundabout.

Sack the editor at once. Hard to believe these sort of major errors are being allowed to slip through the net.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I'm finding it difficult to give an opinion on whether the Argus has reached a new low...

black & white seagull

Aug 29, 2003
Brighton
Whatever it is, it can't be worse than this.

photo.JPG

I'm a sub-editor (not at The Argus, I'd like to point out), and it made my blood run cold.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
A few weeks back they had an interview with some Arty bloke who met Salvador Dali. It featured a large picture of him in his studio. They must have missed the fact that there was a dozen or so photos and drawing of erect penises in the background

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

This week they reported that there would be a lane closed on the A27 between the A23 and the A26. Those two roads are miles and miles and one county boundary apart. It must have been a heck of a hole.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Attachments

• girls-schools-still-offering-something-special-30587-1296752808-11.jpg
    girls-schools-still-offering-something-special-30587-1296752808-11.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 502

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills