Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What famous celebrities have you seen in the real world?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I saw David Seaman in John Lewis at High Wycombe throwing a cushion at Dancing On Ice skater Frankie Poultney,:cute:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I saw David Seaman in John Lewis at High Wycombe throwing a cushion at Dancing On Ice skater Frankie Poultney,:cute:

Did that actually happen or is it something you saw on Jim'll Paint It's Facebook page?

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I worked for a film production company about 12 years ago and they sent me to Cannes one time to be an errand boy for the producers. Hard work but a great experience. Ended up meeting Dennis Hopper, Cuba Holding Jr and Olivier Martinez.

Hopper was cool as all hell, totally aware of himself and how to calm down a starstruck teenager.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
In the past three months I've had Boyzone, Katie Taylor (Olympic gold medalist), Marti Pellow and Paul Glaser from Starsky & Hutch go past my desk.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
In the past three months I've had Boyzone, Katie Taylor (Olympic gold medalist), Marti Pellow and Paul Glaser from Starsky & Hutch go past my desk.

Do you work at Job Centre + ?

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Met and had a chat with Prince Charles when he came to our workplace, bumped into Bob Wilson and his wife while on holiday really nice approachable couple and Bob spent time talking to my kids about Arsenal. Alan Simpson writer Hancock's half hour and Steptoe and son at a very boozy party.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Had a night out with Wham! and Mrs Hut nearly got knocked over by Shaka O'Neil who is flipping enormous.

Also had breakfast with Richard Hadlee the day after my wedding a NZ touring team were staying at the same hotel, very pleasant man as well he saved a space for us on his table.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Norman Cook, but I suspect everyone else on NSC has seen him many times.

Sat near Lula on a flight from Ibiza.
Lenny Henry in a tiny record shop in SoHo in the 1980's.
Seb Coe in a mens clothes shop on the Kings Road, Chelsea in the 1980's.
Terry Butcher served us afternoon tea in his Scottish Hotel in c.1995. Literally a giant of man, very down to earth and didn't mind talking briefly about career for England and latterly Rangers.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Keeping to the Dancing on Ice theme, we saw Beth Tweddle on the bathtub ride at Alton Towers last year, with the guy she was partnered with (Daniel something?)

The exact same ride we saw Tim Lovejoy on about two years previously.

Rock n Roll!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
My daughter and I sat next to Joanna Lumley at a hotel table in Buxton, summer of 2012.
My missus didn't believe me until we bumped into her signing autographs & having photo's done the next day.

That's Joanna doing the signings not my other half:moo:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Leo Ulloa in town yesterday.

Baby Spice and Ginger Spice in the Laines when they were filming Spice World in Brighton.

Chris Eubank riding past my old house on a scooter (the non mechanical kind)

Mark Williams (Brighton fan) from The Fast Show in Richards restaurant (no longer exists)

Jimmy Hill at the Withers (with Des)

You have just jogged my memory with two people from your post.

Mark Williams- I was working in a property in Sussex Square and I opened the front door to go and get something from my van, and he was standing outside talking on his phone.

Jimmy Hill- visiting a lawn mower shop in Sayers Common, I was working opposite the shop.

I did a double take both times.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here