Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds United on Sky again this Saturday

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The Saturday midday televised game on Sky is Middlesbrough v Leeds. Sky are showing 55 Championship games this season. This will be Leeds 12th appearance on Sky up to now and they are still scheduled for 2 more games before the season ends. Sky must think that Leeds and QPR are the only clubs in The Championship that viewers want to watch. The Albion have only had 3 games televised on Sky this season.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
So thats a quarter of all games that Sky are showing, involve Leeds. Getting a bit beyond a joke now to be honest.

Out of curiosity, how many have Leicester and Burnley had, since they are currently the leagues top clubs of course.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
The Saturday midday televised game on Sky is Middlesbrough v Leeds. Sky are showing 55 Championship games this season. This will be Leeds 12th appearance on Sky up to now and they are still scheduled for 2 more games before the season ends. Sky must think that Leeds and QPR are the only clubs in The Championship that viewers want to watch. The Albion have only had 3 games televised on Sky this season.
i am glad we are not on sky all the time as we never play well on it so doesnt matter

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

Believe it or not Sky are in the business to make a profit.

Leeds have loads the highest number of glory hunting armchair fans in the Division.

Sky will show the games that draw the most fans.

Therefore Leeds are on TV loads.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
So thats a quarter of all games that Sky are showing, involve Leeds. Getting a bit beyond a joke now to be honest.

Out of curiosity, how many have Leicester and Burnley had, since they are currently the leagues top clubs of course.

Leicester 8 , Burnley 6. Both have 2 more appearances scheduled including Leicester v Burnley. QPR are on 9 but will be into double figures when they play Leeds of course.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
How do these threads KEEP coming up?

:ffsparr:
:wozza:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Believe it or not Sky are in the business to make a profit.

Leeds have loads the highest number of glory hunting armchair fans in the Division.

Sky will show the games that draw the most fans.

Therefore Leeds are on TV loads.

...and they make a hefty profit.

Annual profits at BSkyB have risen 17% after the satellite broadcaster's football coverage helped to boost customer numbers.

BSkyB reported pre-tax profits of £1.2bn for the year to 30 June 2012.

Surely an opportunity to share the wealth amongst all the clubs in the league rather than handing Leeds a large cheque every couple of weeks.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'll spell it out for anyone not getting it yet.

Sky are a BUSINESS.
Leeds have a very big FANBASE that will WATCH the FOOTBALL GAMES on the TELEVISION.

Ergo, Sky give Leeds MORE games.

I understand that it's very complex, but hopefully I've helped educate 1 or 2 people.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Sky are a BUSINESS.
Leeds have a very big FANBASE that will WATCH the FOOTBALL GAMES on the TELEVISION.

I understand that it's very complex, but hopefully I've helped educate 1 or 2 people.

There are an equal number of football fans who will watch a TV game involving Leeds wanting them to lose.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham

Sky are a BUSINESS.

So what you're basically saying is that Leeds are a big club and sky are a business so more fans support Leeds which means more people will watch the match than say if Yeovil played Doncaster ..... Oh I get it now

ABIMEG2

Jan 29, 2008
Leeds are sponsored by sky bet as well so will always get a few extra games on sky with that in mind ..

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
don't understand the point of yet another thread about this. They have a huge fan base, have the league's top scorer playing for them and they are 'box office attraction'
is there jealousy because we are basically 'also rans' this season ? Anyway, thought general consesus was we don't like our KO times mucked about ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here