Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UK Comedy Cup 2014 - QUARTER FINALS DRAW

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
After much deliberation, I have decided to stick with the same 1 v 5, 2 v 6, 3 v 7, 4 v 8 format as the last round.

Therefore...

Quarter Final ONE

The Young Ones vs. Father Ted
Live - ITV4

Cripes. Two of the weaker comedies still in the competition in my humble opinion. Could be a close one.

===

Quarter Final TWO

Fawlty Towers vs. Only Fools & Horses.
Live - Sky Sports 1

Wow. Massive, just massive. Some may piss and moan suggesting this should be the final, but what a spectacle we have here.

===

Quarter Final THREE

I'm Alan Partridge vs. The Office
Live - ITV1

Another absolute blockbuster. Will pain many people to choose between these 2 at this stage. Partridge narrowly won a superb pre-tournament friendly, can it repeat the feat?

===

Quarter Final FOUR

Blackadder vs Porridge
Live - Sky Sports 2

The most one-sided tie in my opinion.

Will get them underway shortly.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
FFS, does this mean we'll have Peter Drury and Andy Townsend commentating on the tie of the round?

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
What a chance for the relative minnows of Father Ted and The Young Ones to make an unlikely appearance at Wembley. With no league to worry about, there shouldn't be any misguided, disgruntled fans moaning about a 'weak' side being fielded.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I can see QF2 getting postponed, there is a pitch inspection going on in TORBAY but more rain overnight has made it quite waterlogged.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
After much deliberation, I have decided to stick with the same 1 v 5, 2 v 6, 3 v 7, 4 v 8 format as the last round.

Therefore...

Quarter Final ONE

The Young Ones vs. Father Ted
Live - ITV4

Cripes. Two of the weaker comedies still in the competition in my humble opinion. Could be a close one.

===

Quarter Final TWO

Fawlty Towers vs. Only Fools & Horses.
Live - Sky Sports 1

Wow. Massive, just massive. Some may piss and moan suggesting this should be the final, but what a spectacle we have here.

===

Quarter Final THREE

I'm Alan Partridge vs. The Office
Live - ITV1

Another absolute blockbuster. Will pain many people to choose between these 2 at this stage. Partridge narrowly won a superb pre-tournament friendly, can it repeat the feat?

===

Quarter Final FOUR

Blackadder vs Porridge
Live - Sky Sports 2

The most one-sided tie in my opinion.

Will get them underway shortly.

BT Sport paid £250,000 to show the tie between Father Ted and The Young Ones, so why do you have it listed on ITV4?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Porridge will turn over Blackadder

you heard it here first

And last. Blackadder's the highest scorer in the entire tournament so far.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
This is like the FA cup with the four best playing each other.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
This is like the FA cup with the four best playing each other.

Everyone keeps saying things like this, only each time they're referring to different shows to each other. Quite amusing.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
I seem to have missed the entire group stage, so who is looking like the favourite for the title? If I was trying to predict what NSC will decide, I'd say the winner of QF3 has a great chance of winning the whole thing.

I thought the same at the start, but now I've seen the extent of the Blackadder following on here I've changed my mind.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
Blackadder would be a poor winner in my opinion. Presuming the draw for the SFs is the same, it'll mean QF1 plays QF3, which is effectively a bye to the final for the winner of Alan Partridge v The Office. Blackadder is going to have a very tough SF against Only Fools and Horses or Fawlty Towers. As I said, I haven't seen any of the group stages, but I presume both of these are very popular with the voters? I'm not particularly a fan, but I can see ALAN doing this.

I think it'll end up Fawlty Towers against Blackadder in the semi which will undoubtedly be tight, but as [MENTION=12101]Mellotron[/MENTION] has stated above Blackadder has amassed the most votes so far. If it gets through the semi it's up against a different style of sitcom in AP/The Office. In a match like that it becomes a clash of styles and you'll get people voting Blackadder who aren't necessarily a big fan of it, but against the style of AP/The Office. Whatever happens it'll be a fantastic end to the tournament.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Blackadder should win..... and it will..... must admit never really got Ap and Offive I found very difficult to watch as it as so close to the truth... never been treally inot 'reality' comedy. Thas why Im so enjoying House of Fools..... possible contender for next year?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here