Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Next year's hardest animal competition

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Yeah, what's all this 'Mantis Shrimp is the world's hardest creature' bollocks? Unless it's twenty feet tall and thirty feet long then in a fight with a hippo a hippo will simply tread on it and .... well let's see how ****ing it is then. The clue is in the name - 'shrimp'. Now a Mantis Hippo on the other hand .....

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
The Panther. Native to England.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Yeah Hippo's are good but RHINO'S are bigger, faster and have a bloody great big spike at the front. A rhino would do a hippo, no probs.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Yeah Hippo's are good but RHINO'S are bigger, faster and have a bloody great big spike at the front. A rhino would do a hippo, no probs.
Yeah, valid point. Let's face it a rhino v hippo fight is something we'd all pay good money to see - except the Guardian-reading do-gooders would probably ban it on Cruelty grounds or Health and Safety or summat.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Only in the cartoons, rhinos in reality are timid things - probably partly why they're going extinct
PS that spike at the front is actually just hair.
Despite the rhino OBVIOUSLY being the better killing machine, I guess the WHA is about attitude, and this video suggests that the hippo (although outgunned) will face down a rhino. I bow to your superior knowledge in hippo/rhino affairs.

[yt]9DCqbxmucFE[/yt]

Americans are idiots.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

I have a friend who got CHARGED by a rhino in Nepal, and lived to tell the tale. OK, she ended up in hospital but it didn't do any lasting damage so it can't be that hard can it?

This, on the other hand, is making me rethink about my position as team hippo head honcho:

Hippo's get sunburnt really easily though, that makes them the Gingers of the animal Kingdom.

:nono:

But then the pendulum swings again. Tremendous find [MENTION=307]Biscuit[/MENTION]:
Genuinely interesting Hippo/Rhino debate,

I'm siding with the Hippo, here's why: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7mUYJQDad4

Notice how the Rhino gives it the big one and gets all up in the young Hippo's grill, when the big dad Hippo rolls into town it's a different story.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
OK. I have a fact that should settle this debate.

"Hippos kill more people each year than lions, elephants, leopards, buffaloes and rhinos combined."

Hippo's are ****ing nut jobs.

Hippo Vs Honey Badger anyone?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
OK. I have a fact that should settle this debate.

"Hippos kill more people each year than lions, elephants, leopards, buffaloes and rhinos combined."

Hippo's are ****ing nut jobs.

Hippo Vs Honey Badger anyone?

The best bit about that stat is what has been left unsaid: Hippo's are herbivores and have no natural predators, so they have absolutely no need to kill so much. They just do it for the shits and giggles.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here