Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Life after Breaking Bad...

seagullmouse

Jan 3, 2011
Finished watching it last night. I feel a little sad its over.

After you watch 60 odd hours of Walt and Jesse, you grow to like them. Although they did a good job of making Walt unlikeable in the final series so we didn't miss him too much.

Assuming I am very late in finishing the show you must have all been through this before...

Anyway, what is next? How have you replaced the whole that is Breaking Bad?

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
To name a few......

Game of Thrones
The walking dead
Eastbound and down
Homeland
Californication
Entourage
Peaky Blinders
and maybe Under the dome, its a little meh but the missus enjoys it.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I enjoyed Graceland though it is a bit cheesy.

Been hearing amazing things about True Detective which has only just started. 9.5 rating on IMDB. I am going to get started on that this weekend.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I am still recovering from the final episode!
There are people out there who are yet to watch the series and I feel nothing but envy for what they are about to go through. Nothing has matched Breaking Bad before and after.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
My lab is now ready, just struggling with the blue colour, purity is mid 80's so should be on a street corner near you soon. :thumbsup:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
NetFlix are doing a follow on, based on Saul - called 'Better Call Saul'

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Finished watching it last night. I feel a little sad its over.

After you watch 60 odd hours of Walt and Jesse, you grow to like them. Although they did a good job of making Walt unlikeable in the final series so we didn't miss him too much.

Assuming I am very late in finishing the show you must have all been through this before...

Anyway, what is next? How have you replaced the whole that is Breaking Bad?

I've been having withdrawl symptoms since I finished it. Shame it wasn't made as a soap, I could look forward to watching that 2 or 3 times a week forever. A whole lot more gripping than Eastenders.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I was badgered by many to watch Breaking Bad for ages. So I did. I didn't think it lived up to the hype at all and gave up on it. Well made, just didn't hold my interest.

Recently I have enjoyed:

Vikings
Game of Thrones
The Returned
Wallander
But there are many good ones out there. As mentioned, True Detective looks like it's going to be good. Hope it lives up to the expectation.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I was badgered by many to watch Breaking Bad for ages. So I did. I didn't think it lived up to the hype at all and gave up on it. Well made, just didn't hold my interest.

Recently I have enjoyed:

Vikings
Game of Thrones
The Returned
Wallander
But there are many good ones out there. As mentioned, True Detective looks like it's going to be good. Hope it lives up to the expectation.

In a shocking development nsc's very own Comic Book Guy dislikes something popular.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
In a shocking development nsc's very own Comic Book Guy dislikes something popular.

I know what you mean. Game of Thrones and Wallander have hardly been heard of outside of comic book shops. I think possibly if I'd seen it when it first aired I may have got into it but from what I saw I didn't think I was ever going to be into it enough to find the time to watch the many hours catching up would have involved. I'm not really one for watching hours of the same thing in a sitting.

Last edited:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
The Returned really did hit the spot. Last series of Broadwalk Empire was the best to date.

I was hooked when the butterfly crashes through the glass frame in the opening credits. Good stuff.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
still haven't filled the void i am afraid.

the bridge is well worth a watch and I have just purchased all 3 seasons of the killing. but i am not holding out much hope that anything will ever replace walt and jesse!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here