Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nice chaps the Russian police...

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Russia getting the Olympics and the World Cup is just wrong. It is a police state, and they haven't moved on much since the Soviet days.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Makes you grateful for where you live, who said the police state is no more ?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Russia getting the Olympics and the World Cup is just wrong. It is a police state, and they haven't moved on much since the Soviet days.

Russia makes a mockery of the whole movement in both spheres. Maybe they will catch up with civilised society eventually (not that we are squeaky clean).

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Russia is without exception the nastiest most unfriendly country I've ever had the displeasure to visit, their police are widely accepted as being a motley collection of largely overweight corrupt bully boys of relatively low intelligence, it is not a career many aspire to and it is often nothing more than an extension of the local gangster and crime lords manpower. Crimes are solved simply by beating people or withholding basic human rights. Often completely innocent people will be 'arrested' for various 'crimes' which is really just kidnapping and extortion as you will be let off if you grease the right palms. I honestly won't have a bad word to say against our police when compared with that lot of crooks in uniform. God help anyone who risks travelling there for the WC although in true FIFA tradition they will invest lots of bribes in getting the police to behave for a few weeks to make it seem like there are no issues. Horrible horrible place and I'm glad I don't have to travel there any more.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Despicable bunch of sadistic wankers. Frankly, the self-styled Russian 'moral majority' appear to have turned the country into a nation of unapologetic neanderthals of late (if there weren't enough of them before...). What an utter ****-up of a Nation. :nono:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
They're not police, they're Cossacks.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I heard Russian people in Sharm are the most ruddiest people going. No manners whatsoever.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
:lolol:

The EXACT reaction that Pussy Riot wanted. Who is exploiting who here?

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
They're not police, they're Cossacks.

Interesting in that article where it says... 'They cannot carry any weapons' and ' Like the police community support officers (PCSOs) in the UK, all they can do is reason with offenders in an attempt to persuade them to stop their illegal activities and call the police should further action be needed'

Seems like they forgot they can't carry round horsewhips...

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Pretty much how this country Is going. Becoming a police state. Can't do anything these days.

and for some time now
you ask anyone who was at the live export demo's at Shoreham .....they bought in the MET to do the dirty work and the treatment of the women there was despicable

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here