Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ask Paul Barber...

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Copied below is an email I sent to Paul Barber on Monday night and his reply which I received at 02:47 Tuesday morning. Impressive!

Dear Mr Barber
Whilst leaving the AMEX this evening a friend and I were having a discussion about Nuclear fission, but were unable to agree about which is the most common fission process.

Regards,
Bry Nylon

Dear Mr Nylon.

Thank you for your email.

The most common fission process is binary fission, and it produces fission products at 95±15 and 135±15 u. However, the binary process happens merely because it is the most probable. In anywhere from 2 to 4 fissions per 1000 in a nuclear reactor, a process called ternary fission produces three positively charged fragments (plus neutrons) and the smallest of these may range from so small a charge and mass as a proton (Z=1), to as large a fragment as argon (Z=18). The most common small fragments, however, are composed of 90% helium-4 nuclei with more energy than alpha particles from alpha decay (so-called "long range alphas" at ~ 16 MeV), plus helium-6 nuclei, and tritons (the nuclei of tritium). The ternary process is less common, but still ends up producing significant helium-4 and tritium gas buildup in the fuel rods of modern nuclear reactors.

Thank you for your support.

Paul Barber
Chief Executive Officer

Anyone else got any examples of such excellent service from our CEO?

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
Mr Barber,

food and transport both poor.

-----

reply:

FFP, good budget for OG, FFP, so many people attending so not everyone will get perfect quality, FFP, everyone else liked it, FFP, FFP, good budget for OG, FFP.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Can he explain to me why hot water will freeze faster than cold water when all other variables are kept the same?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I wonder if Mr Barber could sort out the problems of Nuclear Fusion. It's a bit like FFP at the moment, you have to put lots in to get a small amount out.
I'll wait till 0200 hours till I send him the email as he seems to do his best work in the middle of the night.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I emailed PB after the Hull game, because despite leaving the ground bang on full time we were unable to get a train back to Bedford (all were cancelled). I wasn't blaming him, I just wanted him to know that a lifelong fan and 3 kids were literally stranded in Brighton, so he could refer to it when he next engages with the train/rail companies.

he replied within 3 minutes. he is a top pro at HIS job.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Still nothing about the FA Cup Final money, then? Ernest will be incandescent.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
My e-mail:

Dear Mr Barber

How many beans make five? I've always thought it was a bean, a bean and a half, half a bean and a bean.

Regards.

Mac.

His reply:

Dear Mac

Many thanks for taking the time to write to me on this issue. With FFP imminent, it is important to count every bean with the utmost accuracy. Your answer to the five bean problem is historically correct, but we at BHAFC are looking to the future with more innovative solutions. With this in mind and after lengthy consultation with the background staff, I asked Nathan Jones. He said it is two in each hand, and one up the arse. This is now the official club 5 bean solution (and will be available to 1901 club diners at £14.99)

Kind regards

Paul.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Don't ask Jeeves, ask Barber

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here