Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Electricians....

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Hi NSCers,

Need some advice/help,

I am currently near on completion of year one of C&G 2357 Electrical Diploma and am looking for work as an apprentice in the Eastbourne, Bexhill area. I have a good understanding of mainly domestic work but am wanting to expand and build on my knowledge throughout the trade, having had domestic experience for around 6 months now. If anyone out there needs or knows of anyone who needs someone to take on, then could you send me there way?. Any help would be great.

Thanks chaps,/ chapesses :)

Whitterz

I am pretty much in the same boat, i completed my 2330 a couple of years back and tried the same route as you but on the electricians forum. You may find yourself better off going down the self employed route which is where i am going to go. I have had luck working with a friend on quite a few jobs and picking up experience. Try asking the question on here http://www.electriciansforums.co.uk/ as you are more likely to get a role, you will see a few people trying the same thing but hopefully you will get lucky.
Try not to read too much of the electricians forum though as a lot of it is doom and gloom. Good luck and be careful of the electrical companies who focus on social housing, they want the jobs done quickly and the quality of your work will suffer in the long term.

D

Deleted member 22389

Hi NSCers,

Need some advice/help,

I am currently near on completion of year one of C&G 2357 Electrical Diploma and am looking for work as an apprentice in the Eastbourne, Bexhill area. I have a good understanding of mainly domestic work but am wanting to expand and build on my knowledge throughout the trade, having had domestic experience for around 6 months now. If anyone out there needs or knows of anyone who needs someone to take on, then could you send me there way?. Any help would be great.

Whitterz

Got a City & Guilds in Mechanical Engineering years ago. I came out of Engineering because of redundancy and went in to IT. Work has dryed up for me, too much competition, so I am thinking of heading back in to Mechanical Engineering after 12 years out, mainly as a CNC operator to begin with. I can tell you, you have got yourself a good practical qualification there. Employers still look at these. I was looking to see if they still did Mechanical Engineering qualifications specifically C&G in Brighton so I could retrain myself again, sadly all gone. It's terrible the only place you can do a City & Guilds in this now is Crawley. I remember when Brighton College of Technology had a proper machine shop.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Hi NSCers,

Need some advice/help,

Whitterz

I might do, if you want to PM me.

They are Crawley based supposedly but I have done work for them in Glasgow and Stockholm which were both long term contracts with most of the workers being based there for months at a time - may not be your cup of tea?

BTW I'm not an electrician!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here