Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WSU Central Saturday...

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Afternoon people, I have just mentioned on another thread about the lack of atmosphere in the WSU this season, any of you here roughly central in a group? Anyone fancy trying to get a bit of an atmosphere going, everyone seems to be a little flat.

Waits for the pisstaking, but i am more than loud enough to get songs going just be good to have others who might be willing to join in and make a bit of effort. I accept the Central part of the WSU is mainly a lot of old folk but there are a few who have tried in the past.

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
West upper is rather quiet at moment but on the couple of times everyone sings it is rather loud.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
You must be missing something as WSU is normally buzzing with lots of singing.

Where in the WSU do you sit? I'm bang on the halfway line and its been dead lately, the noise that used to carry from the North end of the WSU has dissapeard this season and the odd chant or two from the south end has gome completely. try and tell me it hasn't but its no where near as loud as it was. Can't remember the last time the west started a song that went round the ground.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Afternoon people, I have just mentioned on another thread about the lack of atmosphere in the WSU this season, any of you here roughly central in a group? Anyone fancy trying to get a bit of an atmosphere going, everyone seems to be a little flat.

Waits for the pisstaking, but i am more than loud enough to get songs going just be good to have others who might be willing to join in and make a bit of effort. I accept the Central part of the WSU is mainly a lot of old folk but there are a few who have tried in the past.

We got a few in WSU H block right at the back that are loud and not shy of signing. What block are you seated? Im up for getting the WSU rocking.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
You must be missing something as WSU is normally buzzing with lots of singing.

Then why can no one ever hear it, much like the SWC ?

To be fair, it was loud a couple of times on Monday and it did sound good. Possibly when you have all of WSU singing - then it does sound great, same with the SWC.

East I wont even bother with.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I sat in the WSU for the first time on Monday, I also sat in the WSU for the last time on Monday. There was absolutely zero atmosphere, the North Stand was in good voice and could be heard loud and clear.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
We got a few in WSU H block right at the back that are loud and not shy of signing. What block are you seated? Im up for getting the WSU rocking.

I am in block D. I have heard you guys before. Will give it a big try Saturday, always good when [MENTION=18207]seagullss[/MENTION]ongs and his old man sit behind me, they do their best to burst my ear drums.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I sat in the WSU for the first time on Monday, I also sat in the WSU for the last time on Monday. There was absolutely zero atmosphere, the North Stand was in good voice and could be heard loud and clear.

That's because it was full of little kids and people from the north stand. It's usually a lot better.

Shy Talk

Mar 3, 2012
Brighton

Some of us 'old folk' sing too, y'know!

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Where in the WSU do you sit? I'm bang on the halfway line and its been dead lately, the noise that used to carry from the North end of the WSU has dissapeard this season and the odd chant or two from the south end has gome completely. try and tell me it hasn't but its no where near as loud as it was. Can't remember the last time the west started a song that went round the ground.

I started one at the Leeds game, so did [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION]

I wasn't there for the Hull game as I was in the North West but don't worry, I'll be there Saturday :thumbsup:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
There's a group who sit behind me (includes many of the A21 seagulls) that always make an effort - one of their number was really giving ti some on monday and many were joining in. It seemed like every time we tried to lauch into something very loud something happened on the pitch to distract us; such as a Hull attack or Kazenga falling over.

The WSU can be and often is loud, but it's been some time since everyone joined in up there.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
That's because it was full of little kids and people from the north stand. It's usually a lot better.
As always I'm sure you're right. Incidentally, how come the North Stand could be heard from the WSU but when in the North Stand you never hear any noise whatsoever from the WSU?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
As always I'm sure you're right. Incidentally, how come the North Stand could be heard from the WSU but when in the North Stand you never hear any noise whatsoever from the WSU?

I found it very weird a few weeks back i sat in 1901 and the North were so much louder down there, almost like the atmosphere was kept in the lower levels, the north really need to get going to be heard as its projected above everyone elses heads.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
After too long in WSL, and one game back in a temporary seat at the very back of WSU against Donny, I finally take up my long term seat in WSU on Saturday and none too far from where I used to reside in season one at The Amex. First time round there was a chap very near to me who had a similar booming voice to my own (at least when singing/chanting) and we used to bounce off each other when trying to get a bit of noise going. I am reliably informed he still has his seat and so I am really looking forward to getting noisy again. My seat is probably half way from being central and being at the away end so maybe we won't make that much difference, but it won't be for a lack of trying!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I found it very weird a few weeks back i sat in 1901 and the North were so much louder down there, almost like the atmosphere was kept in the lower levels, the north really need to get going to be heard as its projected above everyone elses heads.

On Monday I was in line with the 18 yard box half way up the WSU, I could hear the North perfectly well. I can't wait to get back there on Saturday.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
On Monday I was in line with the 18 yard box half way up the WSU, I could hear the North perfectly well. I can't wait to get back there on Saturday.

You were probably in my seat. I sat in the WSL monday and I cannot wait to get back to G Block of WSU - for zero atmosphere then WSL is where it ain't at..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here