Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

House of Fun cancelled...

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
...after one series.

Just as long as Jack Whitehall gets another three or four sitcoms that'll be fine then.

The Beeb never used to be purely about ratings but nodded it's head to diversity / choice occasionally. Not any more I guess.

Boooooo.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Do you mean House of Fools?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
That 'Citizen Khan' thing is the biggest pile of shite they have ever produced. Pathetic attempt at being 'culturally diverse'. Still managed to get a THIRD series commissioned in December :FFSPuncheon

Also, Jack Whitehall is a complete twunter****.

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patreon
Jun 26, 2009
East
I'm a big fan of Vic & Bob, though just couldn't get into this. I won't miss it personally, but hope they come back with something else.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Saw the first episode and thought it was ok. I read that the following episode was much better, but to be honest it was all a little bit unoriginal for Vic and Bob. Not sure a sitcom was the right vehicle for them right now. For two guys who were once so anarchic, a sitcom seems a bit safe.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I'm a big fan of Vic & Bob, though just couldn't get into this. I won't miss it personally, but hope they come back with something else.

Yep. Never got into it.

They are funny when they are bonkers surrounded by normality (ie, guests on Shooting Stars). Bonkers surrounded with other Bonkers doesn't make them look so....well....boinkers.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
House of Fools can't have cost much to produce, and was amusing at times. Especially annoying when you consider some of the sh*t that gets recomissioned.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That 'Citizen Khan' thing is the biggest pile of shite they have ever produced. Pathetic attempt at being 'culturally diverse'.
Yep. I've seen about 2 or 3 minutes of it on several occasions, and try as I might, I cannot watch any more. It's embarrassingly bad.

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
Well I thought it was funny and loved the supporting cast, there plenty of shows on that are complete rubbish and get other series, My Family for instance, how many series did that get upto.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here