Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901 revisited

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Have been investigating the possibility of becoming a 1901 member next season. I'm currently a season ticket holder in upper west.

Having read through the website and after reading some of the feedback on this forum I'm really not sure if it's for me.

My circumstances:

- I live in central London and don't have a car, will not be using car space.

- I'm not overly fussed about having a overpriced mediocre meal before or during match. Happy with a pie and pint.

- I like the idea of the lounge and no queue (I usually frequent dicks) although I don't like the dress code.

- seats would be better that's a plus

Am I missing anything here ? Is there any other big selling points ?

If 1901 offered queue skip on the trains I would sign up straight away !!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Do you get the cup games included in the 1901 ST?

Home games, yes.

In reply to the OP

Complimentary programme, complimentary tea/coffee at half time.

Access to all lounges post match.

Former 1901 club member, I don't drink so wasn't really taking advantage of the facilities on offer. (Although it is nice to go into a warm lounge post match!!)

Did a deal on my seat am now in East Upper with a great view and my seat purchaser (1901) is happy with his purchase!

As for car spaces, I think the minimum requirement is 2 1901 seats (Platinum) 4 1901 seats (Gold)

Last edited:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
When i used my old jobs' 1901 passes, there wasn't a requirement to have the meal beforehand - i think you pay extra for that. I just had a pie and a pint in there, nice to have a bar and loos with quicker/easier access and good to have somewhere to warm up on colder days.

I personally can't justify the cost of a 1901 seat at the moment (then again, i can't justify a season ticket at the moment). Have you got a mate or contact in there you can speak with - maybe arrange to take in a match there to see if you like it?
I went in the first season at the Amex and even then, the dress code wasn't that strict...by the sounds of things it is actually quite relaxed now.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Have been investigating the possibility of becoming a 1901 member next season. I'm currently a season ticket holder in upper west.

Having read through the website and after reading some of the feedback on this forum I'm really not sure if it's for me.

My circumstances:

- I'm not overly fussed about having a overpriced mediocre meal before or during match. Happy with a pie and pint.

- I like the idea of the lounge and no queue (I usually frequent dicks) although I don't like the dress code.

I'm in the same boat and keep mulling it over. The pre-game and half-time extra comfort are the big appeals, I'd also not use the parking space nor would I eat very often (if at all). Being front row WSU currently, the view from the 1901 seats is only going to be marginally better.

Overall, I'm still OUT.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
It was lovely being in the warm pre and post match on Monday.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I wonder if anyone has ever suggested to barber and co the train queue skip option. For myself if I could guarantee a train to get on it could save me 45 minutes commute time going home.... I guess that is impossible as it's out of the clubs control....

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
It was lovely being in the warm pre and post match on Monday.

But then the queue for dicks and the new bar are not really that long at any time. I've queued max 20 mins on any given occasion....

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
I've been in the BUPA Lounge from the off at the Amex. I used the parking space for the first time against Donny the other week. Had a meal a couple of times for evening matches in the first season, as I live in London too, so was convenient way to have dinner. I do like the comfort of the lounge pre/post match, the view is top notch, the people are nice too. Having said that, I don't think it's value for money and I'm thinking of opting out next season. We'll see!

I wonder if anyone has ever suggested to barber and co the train queue skip option. For myself if I could guarantee a train to get on it could save me 45 minutes commute time going home.... I guess that is impossible as it's out of the clubs control....

I've seen a couple 1901'ers waving their 1901 tickets at stewards in the train queue before expecting to be let through.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
I'm in the same boat and keep mulling it over. The pre-game and half-time extra comfort are the big appeals, I'd also not use the parking space [/B]nor would I eat very often (if at all). Being front row WSU currently, the view from the 1901 seats is only going to be marginally better.

Overall, I'm still OUT.

You'd be lucky to get any food even if you wanted it. The buffet has run out 45 mins before kick off in both of the last two home games.
It's also well documented what an utter waste of time the Bennetts Field parking option is.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
The atmosphere in there is AWFUL compared to the WSU. Seriously.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The atmosphere in there is AWFUL compared to the WSU. Seriously.

Depends where you are I think. We are in the Northern part and the knock on from the West Upper and North means it is normally pretty good in there.

On the other comments, personally I hardly use the lounge, and when I do it aggravates me a bit. Staff are generally no quicker to serve than anywhere else, casual food dining (as they call it) is limited and not that special. Formal dining I have never had as it's too expensive. Drinks are expensive.

But I like the view from the seat, the car parking space (less so the effort to get out of said car park!), free programme, free cup seats (which have been worth a lot so far with good home draws). So overall I am happy with the choice. If my dad stops going completely may consider a move elsewhere as we chose the seats partly for the nearby car park. May look at it when the five years run out.

For a new 1901er you would need to get a good seat. Near the corners can't be better view than back of West/East Lower, front of West Upper or East Upper.

My circumstances:

SOUNDS LIKE THE ESU IS FOR YOU THEN!
:moo:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
The main benefits are:
-good seats
-warm lounge (pre-match, half time, post match if you stay)
-free programme
-free half time tea/coffee
-cup tickets included (three "extra" matches so far this season)
-better toilets/less queues
-better relationship with stewards/lounge hosts

Disadvantages:
-lack of atmosphere (you feel a bit "distanced" somehow)
-severely limited food/snack offer
-(unsurprisingly) age profile skewed towards the older end

Myths:)
- I have never met anyone posh or "corporate" - our lounge is full of fans and there are no apparent cliques
-no sandwiches (still less prawn ones) - just a more limited range of pies than elsewhere in the stadium
-no car parking (for most anyway) unless you pay extra

Overall I think the matchday experience is probably a little less than that in other areas in terms of atmosphere and flexibility but there are specific benefits for many people. I would recommend giving Paul Rogers a call and asking if you could try it out for one game which is what we did.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
In addition to the points already made:

Pre-season friendlies and U21 games played at the Amex are included.
1100 loyalty points as your starting balance each season.
Harveys and pies are the same price as on the concourses.

For me, the biggest pluses are:

somewhere warm to sit pre- and post-game and at half time.
the queues at half time are short enough to both get and drink the free tea/coffee on offer AND have a pee (if needed). In my old seat in ESU, I could one or the other, not both.
An excellent seat, closer to the action than either upper stand, though obviously not as close as either lower stand can allow, which is always dry.

The atmosphere is quiet, though not noticeably less than ESU, which was also quiet. Some singing happened at the Hull game, but that's only the second time I heard it.

I'm lucky enough to be able to get to most away games too, so for me, it's the perfect solution. Comfort at home and pwopa footie fix away. Pays your money etc.....

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
In addition to the points already made:

Pre-season friendlies and U21 games played at the Amex are included.
1100 loyalty points as your starting balance each season.
Harveys and pies are the same price as on the concourses.

For me, the biggest pluses are:

somewhere warm to sit pre- and post-game and at half time.
the queues at half time are short enough to both get and drink the free tea/coffee on offer AND have a pee (if needed). In my old seat in ESU, I could one or the other, not both.
An excellent seat, closer to the action than either upper stand, though obviously not as close as either lower stand can allow, which is always dry.

The atmosphere is quiet, though not noticeably less than ESU, which was also quiet. Some singing happened at the Hull game, but that's only the second time I heard it.

I'm lucky enough to be able to get to most away games too, so for me, it's the perfect solution. Comfort at home and pwopa footie fix away. Pays your money etc.....

Pretty sure the under 21 game was not included. Can't see why else I would elected to sit in the East Stand. And not sure friendlies are included either?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
People keep saying how having somewhere warm to go is a big advantage but it's always bloomin' hot in the West Upper concourse, are others not the same?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here