Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have we ever won a cup replay against Premiership/Old League 1 side?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Newcastle in our cup run of '83. Pretty sure they were a Div 1 side then

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
All the teams we played in the 1983 season were in the same first division as us, apart from Sheffield Wednesday in the semi-final who were up the top of the old second division. (Liverpool, Manchester City and Norwich City - plus Manure in the final).

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Newcastle were in the Second Division in 1982/83. We played them in Kevin Keegan's farewell league match the following season.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
All the teams we played in the 1983 season were in the same first division as us, apart from Sheffield Wednesday in the semi-final who were up the top of the old second division. (Liverpool, Manchester City and Norwich City - plus Manure in the final).

No, as ROTR and GR have pointed out, Newcastle were in the 2nd Division - they got promoted the following season (just looked it up)

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
To be more specific, I meant any teams a league or two above us.
Sorry if title is misleading.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
ipswich div 1 brighton div 3
drew 0-0 away
won 2-1 at home:smile:

had to go in the south that night with the old man

my two older brothers were allowed to go in the north :angry:

what a sight the north stand was too

that was a very good Ipswich side too,Beattie,Mills,Cooper in goal,Gates,was Mariner and Wark playing,I can't remember,Trevor Whymark

other than the win at Anfield in the cup,that must go down as one of,if not the best result we've ever had,all things considered

had to go in the south that night with the old man

my two older brothers were allowed to go in the north :angry:

What a sight the north stand was too

that was a very good ipswich side too,beattie,mills,cooper in goal,gates,was mariner and wark playing,i can't remember,trevor whymark

other than the win at anfield in the cup,that must go down as one of,if not the best result we've ever had,all things considered

26,748 and they all attended!

Wba away was a good result too!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
As ROTR said, Ipswich in the League Cup was the last time we beat a 1st tier team after a replay.
The last time we did it in the FA Cup was in January 1930 when we beat Grimsby Town after a replay

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here