Votes: 13 11.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
couldn't get any more traditional than me or so I thought

with the Albion in touching distance of an appearence there, I can't help but think how great it would be to have a trip to the new Wembley

after all these things don't come around to often and I'm not getting any younger!

Last edited:

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
It's another devaluation of the Cup for me, I'm afraid. It's almost as if they are saying to the "smaller" clubs "you have no chance of getting to the final, so have your day out at Wembley anyway". Highbury in '83 was an amazing day out, just as if not more enjoyable than Wembley.

But we need to get there first!

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
half the appeal of the FA Cup is the tradition and memories it stirs so playing semi finals at Wembley is bollocks in my view, it also devalues the thrill of getting there for the final.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
would rather go to Emirates or similar then Wembley for the final.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I'm not entirely sure we are within touching distance of them, with an away game at a premier league side, another premier league team waiting and our manager determined to play the reserve defence in these games.

Rather more chance of wembley for the play-off final

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We have only a very slim chance of reaching the semi finals in my opinion.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Should always be on a neutral ground. The Emirates in the south, Old trafford in the north 30-35,000 ticket per club, job done. Of course this is all fairly moot as we have yet to negotiate the 5th Round yet.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
A huge part of the magic of the FA Cup was that Wembley was so difficult to achieve. It's still a tough ask to get there but not nearly as special now.

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
Wrong, wrong and thrice wrong. Hate it and a classic money over tradition as usual.

And while they're at it, leave 'Abide with me' alone at the final. We don't need a whining bint spoiling it for everyone.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Don't have a problem with it. Problem with having it at smaller grounds is that, once corporate tickets etc and smaller capacities are taken into account, some clubs could end up in a position where even all their season ticket holders can't get a ticket. I'd be gutted if we made a semi final but I missed out because we could only take, say 14,000 season ticket holders. Obviously we would be ok as all 23,500 would get them for grounds like The Emirates and Old Trafford. But if you're Arsenal or Manchester United etc, plenty of season ticket holders would miss out if it wasn't at Wembley.

Plus, for me, part of the magic of Wembley died when they knocked the old one down.

MarioOrlandi

Jun 4, 2013
So right about "Abide With Me" it is the FA Cup Final, not the poxy Super Bowl. The bloke in his white coat leading the singing with music from the Royal Marines Band. That is a Wembley cup final.

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
So right about "Abide With Me" it is the FA Cup Final, not the poxy Super Bowl. The bloke in his white coat leading the singing with music from the Royal Marines Band. That is a Wembley cup final.

Really moving words too - never really knew them until I enquired..realise why so many folk get emotional...(could be the beer too of course!!)

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Neutral grounds always made the semi finals special. Now not even the final is special because both teams have already been to wembley the previous month.

I mean who the **** thought this was a good idea?

MarioOrlandi

Jun 4, 2013
You would if you were a Highbury in 83. Those final minutes after Robinson scored were the longest I had ever endured. . . . Until Hereford

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here