Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Banner in the SW corner last night...

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
:shrug:

1) What was the point? If the roles were reversed, I can bet you any money you like that Hull wouldn't have done the same (and quite rightly)

2) Why did the person who made it decide to erect it in probably the only part of the stadium that the Hull fans wouldn't be able to see it, surely defeating the object of being smitten with the gratitude he'd have received from the visiting fans?

3) How much did it COST? What a waste of money, regardless.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Was waiting for one of these threads and here it is.

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
Glad no one felt like the OP back in 1996 or we'd have no Albion let alone the Amex.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013

1) What was the point? If the roles were reversed, I can bet you any money you like that Hull wouldn't have done the same (and quite rightly)

2) Why did the person who made it decide to erect it in probably the only part of the stadium that the Hull fans wouldn't be able to see it, surely defeating the object of being smitten with the gratitude he'd have received from the visiting fans?

Blimey - you have heard of Fans Utd day? Quite a significant moment in our club's history.

I have read some good stuff on Hull forums about us as a club and fans etc. Didn't catch it but apparently there was a good interview on Roar with a couple of their campaigners.

I think the banner was for the cameras as much as to hold in front of the Hull fans.

Still as you say why bother lets just not do anything...................thankfully for our club there were a few brave souls back in the 90's who carried on with whatever form of expression of dissatisfaction they could manage.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

Differing opinions have been shared extensively on this thread. You can read it all there...

http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...-support-of-No-to-Hull-Tigers-campaign/page20

BHAFC_SWC

honorary pierced weirdo
Feb 26, 2013
West Sussex
1. Fans united, remember that?

2. The intention was for home & away fans to hold it across the divide in a show of unity. Scuppered by stewards unfortunately.

3. It was their banner, you should ask them how much it cost if you're that bothered.

A lot of positive feedback from everywhere apart from this forum interestingly

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
1. Fans united, remember that?

2. The intention was for home & away fans to hold it across the divide in a show of unity. Scuppered by stewards unfortunately.

3. It was their banner, you should ask them how much it cost if you're that bothered.

A lot of positive feedback from everywhere apart from this forum interestingly

Such as shame the stewards intervened - would have been brilliant. It is efforts like this that make me proud to be a Brighton fan and a football fan. It also makes me feel a bit guilty that I don't do a bit more........

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
You wouldn't have a username of FalmerforAll!** if it hadn't been for things such as this.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Right now we have TB, we are extremely lucky, but one day we could have a power crazed loon in charge. Nice gesture of support to Hull

slyme slymey

Feb 5, 2013
I was proud to hold up the Hull Ultras banner in the SWC last night. Even if Snappy's photo caught me looking like an angry Ilyich. It IS an issue of fans v power crazed chairman and this club has a leading role to play. We have pedigree and kudos around the country as a result of our history and actions. We are not dutty or scummy in our blinkered support as you may find among supporters of other less classy clubs. Was happy to watch us beat Cardiff last year away, sing my heart out and then destroy those stupid red scarves handed out for free with appreciative Cardiff fans outside their stadium afterwards. Same issue.

Dec 29, 2011

Your post makes you sound like a right ****.
1) Do you only do things if you think someone would do the same for you? Sometimes is nice to show support even if you think it wouldn't be reciprocated.
2) Again, it sounds like the only reason you can imagine making a banner is to feel gratitude from away fans. It seems you can't imagine supporting a cause without getting anything in return.
3) It was a waste of money if the person who paid felt it didn't put across any message, you didn't pay so why do you care?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
They're playing in a decent, fairly new stadium in the Premier League with a brand new £15 million strike-force. Is their situation really comparable to our previous one? I hope they do somehow prevent the name change (though I doubt they will) but come on..

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

Where were you when we were up Shit Creek without a boat (let alone a paddle)?

NSC's Most Intelligent, you say? It's high time you changed that to something far more appropriate including the words 'Pig' & 'ignorant'. :thumbsup:

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
They're playing in a decent, fairly new stadium in the Premier League with a brand new £15 million strike-force. Is their situation really comparable to our previous one? I hope they do somehow prevent the name change (though I doubt they will) but come on..

Oh my life, nail on the head!

How anyone can compare Fans Utd to this is beyond me. Totally different situations.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Where were you when we were up Shit Creek without a boat (let alone a paddle)?

NSC's Most Intelligent, you say? It's high time you changed that to something far more appropriate including the words 'Pig' & 'ignorant'. :thumbsup:

But the point is, how on earth are Hull 'up shit creek' in any way? Premier League football, pots of cash and a local owner who has been in the city of Hull for years! I don't agree with the name change, but it's a very tiny price to pay for the aforementioned details. For what it's worth, there has been next to no protest from the Hull fans about this anyway; why do you feel the need to fight their battles for them?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here