Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I wish we'd lost the game last night

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
I know it's counter-intuitive but as soon as Hull scored I knew we weren't going to win - especially with the utterly useless Tracey O'Bika leading the line - and I turned to Mrs. H and said I hope they get another and finish us off. I don't think we stand a cat in hells chance of getting a win up at their ground and we could do without the additional long travel and 90 minutes on the park. We need to concentrate on the play-offs now.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I know what you mean although I'd be happy enough if he just puts out an entirely second string side for the replay, hopes that Hull do the same, and that our second string is better than theirs. :shrug:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
We can still field a decent side with squad rotation, and it's not impossible that we go through, perhaps after a penalty shoot out.

Playing on Saturday then Monday is not unheard of - in fact it happens a lot on Bank Holiday weekends.

Last edited:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
last night, immediately after game it felt like a defeat, but now I feel a little more optimistic. The fact both clubs have been screwed by UEFA kind of levels the playing field a little in my opinion. I still think we have the greater incentive to proceed in the competition. With the exception of Obika I pretty much trust our 'second string' with the likes of March actually blurring the lines between first and second choice players. We can still win this!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Enough of the defeatist talk already.

One wonders if Sheffield United fans felt the same way when they drew 1-1 at home to Fulham in Round 4. An unwelcome distraction for them away from a relegation battle? Or an opportunity for glory? Certainly the pitch invasion after the 5th Round victory against Forest spoke volumes about how much it meant to their fans.

There's at least as much chance of us progressing as they had. And there's another home tie afterwards. And then Wembley!

This is what football is all about. The glory.

Let's not relegate our participation in the latter stages of the greatest domestic cup competition in the world to being little more than an inconvenience.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Other than University Challenge now needing recording I fail to see how anyone would want us to lose a game. It's the FA cup for christ's sake, with a chance to pit our football skillz against Hull.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
I know it's counter-intuitive but as soon as Hull scored I knew we weren't going to win - especially with the utterly useless Tracey O'Bika leading the line - and I turned to Mrs. H and said I hope they get another and finish us off. I don't think we stand a cat in hells chance of getting a win up at their ground and we could do without the additional long travel and 90 minutes on the park. We need to concentrate on the play-offs now.

That's the spirit, keep up the good work

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Enough of the defeatist talk already.

One wonders if Sheffield United fans felt the same way when they drew 1-1 at home to Fulham in Round 4. An unwelcome distraction for them away from a relegation battle? Or an opportunity for glory? Certainly the pitch invasion after the 5th Round victory against Forest spoke volumes about how much it meant to their fans.

There's at least as much chance of us progressing as they had. And there's another home tie afterwards. And then Wembley!

This is what football is all about. The glory.

Let's not relegate our participation in the latter stages of the greatest domestic cup competition in the world to being little more than an inconvenience.

OK, OK I'll try and pull myself round.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Replay obviously not ideal, but delighted we're still in the cup myself. Hopefully we can produce another solid display at their place and hope they rest more of their first team compared to last night, and we stand a decent chance of reaching the Quarter Final of the FA Cup. Bring it on I say.

Regarding Obika - the abuse he's getting is absolutely ridiculous. No striker ever comes in on loan, plays a couple of minutes every 2 or 3 games and excels. It's not really fair to judge him on the very limited time he's getting.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
We're obviously not taking the cup seriously. I imagine the club were happy for us to go out. They clearly wanted to rest players for the league and a replay will surely be an added distraction the club didn't want.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I wouldn't be at all surprised if we go up there & somehow survive a non-stop barrage for 120 minutes; & then win the tie on a monumentally shithouse penalty shoot-out.

Same old Brighton
Taking the piss

:)

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
We're obviously not taking the cup seriously. I imagine the club were happy for us to go out. They clearly wanted to rest players for the league and a replay will surely be an added distraction the club didn't want.

We may as well give up as a club if we don't want to win. Silly comment. We have a SQUAD.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Regarding Obika - the abuse he's getting is absolutely ridiculous. No striker ever comes in on loan, plays a couple of minutes every 2 or 3 games and excels. It's not really fair to judge him on the very limited time he's getting.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, I'm all for supporting the players through thick and thin but he really didn't look like he gave a toss when he came on. In all my time supporting the club I have never seen a striker so slow. If Ulloa had still been on he would have latched onto that pass from JFC and buried it. Obika is a Spurs player not an Albion player and the sooner he goes back to North London the better.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Other than University Challenge now needing recording I fail to see how anyone would want us to lose a game. It's the FA cup for christ's sake, with a chance to pit our football skillz against Hull.

Well said and glad I am not the only University Challenge fan.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Well said and glad I am not the only University Challenge fan.

Trinity Cambridge will win, that Zorko/ Morely partnership is frightening. That said, the midget aguero-boy Davies of Somerville knows his stuff. Oxford v Cambridge final I think.

I fell in love with Manchester's captain Mitchell for a couple of episodes too.

A great series this year.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Replay obviously not ideal, but delighted we're still in the cup myself. Hopefully we can produce another solid display at their place and hope they rest more of their first team compared to last night, and we stand a decent chance of reaching the Quarter Final of the FA Cup. Bring it on I say.

Regarding Obika - the abuse he's getting is absolutely ridiculous. No striker ever comes in on loan, plays a couple of minutes every 2 or 3 games and excels. It's not really fair to judge him on the very limited time he's getting.

This on both points.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Trinity Cambridge will win, that Zorko/ Morely partnership is frightening. That said, the midget aguero-boy Davies of Somerville knows his stuff. Oxford v Cambridge final I think.

Christ! You really are a fan. Only get to watch sporadically when my girlfriend is not watching the soaps. Still enjoy it though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here