Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve Bruce not hapy with a Monday Replay descision

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
He's quite right. It's ridiculous that a European competition dictates a domestic fixture list for teams not involved

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Can't blame him for one second. Oscar will be exactly the same.

If I was you, Steve, I'd play a really RUBBISH third choice XI on Monday :thumbsup:

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
He would have been aware of the replay situation in the event of a draw. Perhaps he should vent his anger/frustration at Sagbo for scoring the equaliser.:moo:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Time for Hull to play the kids, I mean the under 14's, give them some of the action. Forget about the FA Cup. We would much rather be in it than Hull, leave it to us.

In fact just forfeit it, save a few of us making the trip.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
If it's to do with TV scheduling it's simple, let the fans watch what they want to watch on another channel, I'd think any proper fan of BHA or Hull would chose our game over City vs Barca

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It does defy logic though doesn't it. Tuesday or Wednesday would be far better for everyone concerned. It should happen.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Flip side is, both teams have an extra days rest before their following league games on Saturday 01 March.

Given both manager's made changes for this first tie anyway and utilised their squads, it's hardly the end of the world playing on a Monday night after a Saturday afternoon game.

Nigella's Cream Pie

Fingerlickin good
Apr 2, 2009
Up your alley
Time for Hull to play the kids, I mean the under 14's, give them some of the action. Forget about the FA Cup. We would much rather be in it than Hull, leave it to us.

In fact just forfeit it, save a few of us making the trip.

I'm guessing you're a Poyet fan who doesn't want to run the risk of him being embarrassed by losing at The Amex in front of his detractors in the next round?

A defeat which would see us play at Wembley, not interested?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
But we were due to Blackburn on Tuesday 25th, a champions league day, so why can't the replay be on the Tuesday? Am I missing something here?

The rule is about TOP FLIGHT teams not playing on CL nights, so it's all Hull's fault.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
How things change. During the era when Tom Finney played and there were multiple replays until a result was reached, the second replay was always on a Monday in case a further replay was required on the following Thursday.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
But we were due to Blackburn on Tuesday 25th, a champions league day, so why can't the replay be on the Tuesday? Am I missing something here?

The Blackburn game isn't televised. The replay is.

No televised matches to be held on Champions League nights.

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
Makes a complete mockery of the competition. People complain that full strength squads aren't being used but what else is a manager to do in situations like these.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'm guessing you're a Poyet fan who doesn't want to run the risk of him being embarrassed by losing at The Amex in front of his detractors in the next round?

Nope - I've read your post several times and still can't see how you managed to post that based on the [MENTION=3734]Giraffe[/MENTION] post ???

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield

Eh? He's talking about Hull playing their youth, not us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here