Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seven Stars Sports Bar

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Dosnt make any differerence, cos its either full or you are refused entry for not having kids with you.
We used to use it when it was The East Stad Brasserie last year, till it closed.
After receiving the club e-mails before the Donny game, we went and walked straight in, watched Liverpool v Arsenal and enjoyed having a better choice of beers, in a glass, and a pie on a plate instead of the box. Got served straight away, and when they couldnt supply a tray for 4 pints and a coke, the lad behind the bar carried two pints over for me.
Well impressed and enjoyed it.
Thought we would use it on the Tuesday evening for the Leeds game. Arrived at 6-00 only be to refused entry by two different goons on the outside door, saying we couldnt go in without children.
Arguing was pointless, so I e-mailed the club, asking why we are sent e-mails telling us to arrive early and use the bar, and allowed on Saturday and refused on Tuesday.
The reply from James Twiddy, Supporter Services, informed me it was opened as a family bar, and we should use Dicks or the concourses, not possible when our group are in different stands. The facility was opened with supporters with young families.
Then why e-mail season ticket holder inviting us to use it, when the bar is limited to 150 capacity, including children.
Also, when we were in there on the Saturday, I would guess that there were 120 adults, and 30 children playing pool and table football. The annoying thing, as far as i'm concerned
is there are no set rules. There should be a sign outside saying families only, and the e-mails sent out should say no admittance without children.
So, IMHO it isnt brilliant

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patreon
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
The club have underestimated the demand for Bars as opposed to concourses. Dicks Bar is overwhelmed each match which shows there are many who want somewhere to sit down, have a pint & pie rather than stand in a concourse.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Dosnt make any differerence, cos its either full or you are refused entry for not having kids with you.
We used to use it when it was The East Stad Brasserie last year, till it closed.
After receiving the club e-mails before the Donny game, we went and walked straight in, watched Liverpool v Arsenal and enjoyed having a better choice of beers, in a glass, and a pie on a plate instead of the box. Got served straight away, and when they couldnt supply a tray for 4 pints and a coke, the lad behind the bar carried two pints over for me.
Thought we would use it on the Tuesday evening for the Leeds game. Arrived at 6-00 only be to refused entry by two different goons on the outside door, saying we couldnt go in without children.
Arguing was pointless, so I e-mailed the club, asking why we are sent e-mails telling us to arrive early and use the bar, and allowed on Saturday and refused on Tuesday.
The reply from James Twiddy, Supporter Services, informed me it was opened as a family bar, and we should use Dicks or the concourses, not possible when our group are in different stands. The facility was opened with supporters with young families.
Then why e-mail season ticket holder inviting us to use it, when the bar is limited to 150 capacity, including children.
Also, when we were in there on the Saturday, I would guess that there were 120 adults, and 30 children playing pool and table football. The annoying thing, as far as i'm concerned
is there are no set rules. There should be a sign outside saying families only, and the e-mails sent out should say no admittance without children.

So it's just a communication issue which is fair enough. I think the rule that it's families only is fine, and agree they just need to make this clear.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
It is far, far, far better than Dicks. Drinks in glass, plenty of televisions, interesting stuff on the walls to look at rather a poem. Not sure where this family thing has come from - bloke on the door asked if we were a family (three middle aged blokes), we said yes and just wandered straight in

So it's just a communication issue which is fair enough. I think the rule that it's families only is fine, and agree they just need to make this clear.

I didn't know it was families only. But as I'm with my kids this was not relevant for me.

However, the fact that you must go in with a kid probably puts more emphasis on my point of making some food available for them!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It is far, far, far better than Dicks. Drinks in glass, plenty of televisions, interesting stuff on the walls to look at rather a poem. Not sure where this family thing has come from - bloke on the door asked if we were a family (three middle aged blokes), we said yes and just wandered straight in

I didn't know it was families only. But as I'm with my kids this was not relevant for me.

However, the fact that you must go in with a kid probably puts more emphasis on my point of making some food available for them!

I think the rule developed because there have been drenched kids stood outside with no where else to go other than the concourses.

It seems the admission policy has evolved as a result of the weather and realising the demand is there to consistently fill it with families with young kids allowing for the fact adults have Dicks Bar as an alternative which excludes kids.

I would say this is fair enough to be honest.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
A related problem is that if you get to the ground early and can't get into the bars then the only place to sit is in your seat where you can't drink. There is no seating inside or outside of the stadium for people that can't stand for long periods.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
The club have underestimated the demand for Bars as opposed to concourses. Dicks Bar is overwhelmed each match which shows there are many who want somewhere to sit down, have a pint & pie rather than stand in a concourse.

That was hebbard's doing. According to him we didn't need ANY bars because the concourses were so good :facepalm:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I didn't know they had changed the rules to be families only. I've been in there every match since it opened, and it doesn't seem to be the case!
Last night me and my lad were sat next to 3 huge blokes sans children, getting well tanked up. Didn't particularly bother me, but given the new 'rules' I'm surprised now that they were there

Yoda

English & European

Really? That could be a pain. I normally meet my Mum, Brother and kids in there after a Saturaday game. They're in the family stand whilst I'm WSU so are already in there with drinks ready for when I arrive.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I didn't know they had changed the rules to be families only. I've been in there every match since it opened, and it doesn't seem to be the case!
Last night me and my lad were sat next to 3 huge blokes sans children, getting well tanked up. Didn't particularly bother me, but given the new 'rules' I'm surprised now that they were there

That is the point of my post. I was allowed in on the Saturday, three days later, different doormen, refused.
I think it depends who is on the door

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Would there be another area or space where a further bar could be added? Every time I go it's full up, people queueing to get in or walking away due to the length of the wait. These are fans with money burning a hole in their pocket who want to spend, surely if there is any possibility the club would look to add a further facility.

Lush

Mods' Pet
A related problem is that if you get to the ground early and can't get into the bars then the only place to sit is in your seat where you can't drink ALCOHOL. There is no seating inside or outside of the stadium for people that can't stand for long periods.

Amended for you. I get to the ground early and if I need a sit down I can go in my seat with a pie and a coke or a coffee. It's not that much of a hardship if you need a nice sit down.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
That is the point of my post. I was allowed in on the Saturday, three days later, different doormen, refused.
I think it depends who is on the door

I believe the policy has been in place since it opened, but the policy is more that if there is high demand then priority will be given to families, ie those with children who can not get into Dick's.

I imagine if you turn up early when SS has only just opened, you'll have a reasonable chance of getting in without kids. Likewise, after games you're likely to have more success.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Love threads like this, that remind me how far we have come, moaning over which bar you may not be allowed in before a match! we have two fans bars and full stocked up concourses, my pre-match drinking session would be a couple in the Branch taven and a large bottle of Blue WKD on the bus just for a laugh. What a great problem know to have.

We went here for Wigan too. Kudos to the club for listening. There is now a kids meal on the menu.

£7.00 or Chicken Nugget and Chips. Not cheap. In fact £2.00 more than a kids meal at Cote (look it up if you have never been, it's great!)

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Went on Saturday and it was great. My kids are 10 and 7 so it was perfect

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here