Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fuming at Oscar!!!

byf1

Mar 22, 2012
It's been said before and it's going to be said here again, lastnights team selection was a total piss take out of fans and the F.A cup and I for one am gutted, I totally concur with Robbie Savage. Enormous opportunity to get to the quarter final of the FA CUP for a winnable tie against our former manager and would have also given us another big pay day and he makes 7 ****ing changes!

I half understand it against the likes of Port Vale but not against Hull who ended up making less changes than we did.

I'm not sure who he thinks we are to make that many changes and I hope the FA in the future fix it so that clubs cant change more than 3 players from a Saturday game or you may aswell just call it the Reserve team cup & we can play the games at Lancing. The only thing I can think is that he doesn't understand the F.A cup, what it means to the fans and it's history, is it not the greatest cup comp in the world?

Buckley - not fit
Chicksen - not good enough
JFC - was always going to lose the midfield battle
Brezovan - Distribution was poor
Andrews - terrible
Dunk - solid but rather have greer

It's not all about how the players do on the night, a solid team that are used to playing together obviousyly play better than sticking a load of players for a one off game.

No more FA cup games for me whilst Oscar is in charge, if he cant be arsed to put a winning team out then neither can I.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
And you sir, are an idiot. Well done.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
And yet we matched and were beating a premier league for most of the game

If you don't want to watch any more FA Cup games, then it's your loss, I feel sorry for you. Shame you can't just enjoy what's put in front of you.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
It's been said before and it's going to be said here again, lastnights team selection was a total piss take out of fans and the F.A cup and I for one am gutted, I totally concur with Robbie Savage. Enormous opportunity to get to the quarter final of the FA CUP for a winnable tie against our former manager and would have also given us another big pay day and he makes 7 ****ing changes!

I half understand it against the likes of Port Vale but not against Hull who ended up making less changes than we did.

I'm not sure who he thinks we are to make that many changes and I hope the FA in the future fix it so that clubs cant change more than 3 players from a Saturday game or you may aswell just call it the Reserve team cup & we can play the games at Lancing. The only thing I can think is that he doesn't understand the F.A cup, what it means to the fans and it's history, is it not the greatest cup comp in the world?

Buckley - not fit
Andrews - terrible

It's not all about how the players do on the night, a solid team that are used to playing together obviousyly play better than sticking a load of players for a one off game.

No more FA cup games for me whilst Oscar is in charge, if he cant be arsed to put a winning team out then neither can I.

Nonesense, every word. You will not be missed at future cup games.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Do behave. He put out a team that could have and should have won the game and certainly more than matched a decent Premier league outfit. 5 mins from being a perfect evening for everyone. And the league has to remain a priority.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I would disagree.

Brezovan was solid, apart from playing Dunk into trouble once.
Buckley is a first team player.
Chicksen was left exposed by LuaLua on several occasions, but coped well.
JFC was decent.
Dunk was, dare I say it, as good as Greer in defence, but more mobile going forward.
Andrews was the only player I would say was poor.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

Buckley - not fit
Andrews - terrible

Buckley - Played a half set up the goal.
Chicksen - Creditable performance
JFC - Midfield needed to be changed because Stephens is cup tied.
Brezovan - Has improved measurably over the last season and a half, I was happy with his performance.
Andrews - Distribution was not always perfect, but not sure what better options were available.
Dunk - Played his way back into first team contention.

Byf1 - threw his toys out of the pram.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
No no, the guy in charge is.....now due to him not putting out a full team we have to face 2 games in 48 hours.

No really, you ARE an idiot.

JFC was at the centre of creating the majority of our chances, hes not there to win balls, that is what Ince and Andrews do.
Brezovan was pretty solid in his distribution apart from 1 time I can remember. Certainly a massive improvement on PIG.
Chicksen settled in well, and didn't really put a foot wrong for me. Incredible pace going forwards too.

Like I said, an idiot.

Oscar clearly has a cup strategy, and he is sticking to it. Otherwise whats the point in having a squad, if you can't trust them, why are we paying their wages just to train?

byf1

Mar 22, 2012
And yet we matched and were beating a premier league for most of the game

If you don't want to watch any more FA Cup games, then it's your loss, I feel sorry for you. Shame you can't just enjoy what's put in front of you.

Did we? They hit the woodwork twice and we cleared one off the line. They had 58% possession and more shots on target!

I go to watch us win, not watch squad players and Oscar gamble against prem teams.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Just reading through your list of six players, except Chicksen all have been regular first teamers at some point in the last year or two.

Buckley - not fit - or in other words, coming back from fitness; he set up the goal, almost set up another
Chicksen - not good enough - didn't do much wrong, all part of the learning experience
JFC - was always going to lose the midfield battle - wasn't really part of the battle, played more advanced to support Leo, but whatever
Brezovan - Distribution was poor - wasn't too bad last night, Kuszchak's hasn't been great at times this year
Andrews - terrible - mostly OK, but does get caught on the ball at times, I'll give you that one
Dunk - solid but rather have greer - Solid? Thought he was magnificent last night.

byf1

Mar 22, 2012
No really, you ARE an idiot.

JFC was at the centre of creating the majority of our chances, hes not there to win balls, that is what Ince and Andrews do.
Brezovan was pretty solid in his distribution apart from 1 time I can remember. Certainly a massive improvement on PIG.
Chicksen settled in well, and didn't really put a foot wrong for me. Incredible pace going forwards too.

Like I said, an idiot.

Oscar clearly has a cup strategy, and he is sticking to it. Otherwise whats the point in having a squad, if you can't trust them, why are we paying their wages just to train?

Andrews was terrible you mug and Brezovan is better than the pig is he, now who looks the idiot but carry on

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Did we? They hit the woodwork twice and we cleared one off the line. They had 58% possession and more shots on target!

I go to watch us win, not watch squad players and Oscar gamble against prem teams.

Really? In the words of the noted song, where were you when we were shit?

byf1

Mar 22, 2012
We MIGHT have lost with a full strength team, then we would only have had 1 game in 48 hours that would have SOLVED it! :facepalm:

Guess we'll never know as Oscar likes to de-value the FA CUP likes clubs in the prem do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here