Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Ronnie Moore Suspended

oddsonlaughter

Jan 24, 2008
( If this needs editing by a moderator feel free )

Hiya all,

The joys of being a Tranmere fan living in Brighton at the moment but thought you may be interested :)

Our manager Ronnie Moore has been suspended due to an FA investigation into betting on games which we are in the same competition in.

The incredible thing about this is that it is all over our messageboards from the people in the know ( who actually broke this story a few weeks ago ) that he was allegedly betting on us to lose games! One such game meant to be under investigation is our cup game against Bolton in which a number of players have said to fans they were aware that he had bet on Bolton to win :nono:

Really odd situation and one that I have never known in football before

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I sat next to Ronnie Moore at a Brighton game at Gillingham. I think it was bonfire night, against Barnet(?), possibly our lowest ever league crowd?

He seemed like a thoroughly decent guy.

oddsonlaughter

Jan 24, 2008
I sat next to Ronnie Moore at a Brighton game at Gillingham. I think it was bonfire night, against Barnet(?), possibly our lowest ever league crowd?

He seemed like a thoroughly decent guy.

He is a really nice guy by all accounts and is a Tranmere legend which makes it all the more depressing for us at the moment

oddsonlaughter

Jan 24, 2008
Just as an update, he admitted the charge today of betting on us in games ( and by all accounts it will come out as us losing games ) and is due to be sacked tomorrow, very depressing

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just as an update, he admitted the charge today of betting on us in games ( and by all accounts it will come out as us losing games ) and is due to be sacked tomorrow, very depressing

Well, It Is/Was a bl@@dy stupid thing to do.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Lou Macari got in trouble for encouraging Swindon players to bet on themselves to lose games I think. Years ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here