Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Robbie Savage

breachy

Nov 18, 2008
Lower Bourne
Tweeting upsetting OG .... He has a valid point though !

Robbie Savage ‏@RobbieSavage8 5h
Again don't get it Brighton lots of changes ,what an opportunity with your strongest team with a home draw if you win !!!

followed by

Robbie Savage ‏@RobbieSavage8 3h
Big opportunity missed tonight for Brighton against a very poor hull side ! #playyourstrongesteam

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Does he not get that its an incentive for the fringe players to impress and force their way into the team? Also, a chance for some players to be rested so that they are fresh for the game on Saturday.

I guess he will also moan next Monday when OG again makes changes to the team despite having played another game 48 hours before! #floppyhairedidiot

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
We didnt play a weak team though, especially when changes included bringing in Lua Lua and Buckley. The players who came in anyway were largely impressive, im not sure our "strongest" side would have done much better.

The Face

H Block
Jan 24, 2007
BN2
I disagree. We were unlucky.

I think the players that came in were, on the whole, very good. Brez, Chicksen, Dunk (bar one crucial error) and Forster-Caskey all played well. If we would've held out, nobody would bat an eyelid.

It's actually quite reassuring that Oscar has faith in our young players and, though it may be contrary to popular opinion, I'm sure he wants to progress in the cup.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
All you can ask for is for Oscar to put out a team that can win the game, and although I was slightly annoyed by the team selection, we nearly did.

Dec 29, 2011
How many times has he seen us play? How does he know how our fringe players played tonight vs. the average performance of our regular players? He's jumping on the bandwagon, trying to make it look like he has good footballing knowledge when in reality he probably doesn't. Anything outside the Premier League is invisible for 99% of pundits.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Robbie Savage is a krusty faced clown tramp who after his loan spell with us deserves no opinion on the Albion whatsoever. A muppet of the highest order.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Robbie Savage is seeing a late equaliser (and hopefully our performance) and deciding on that.

I thought we were pretty decent. I assume his foresight and knowledge will stand him in good stead to get in to management.

Out of interest, I wonder what his criticisms of the actual performance were and what he would have done to change it - other than "play a full strength team".

Mr Blobby BHA

May 8, 2011
Worthing, West Sussex
I agree that it's an opportunity missed, if we had of won tonight we wouldn't be in the position of having to play 2 games in 3 days, however I do think Oscar put a solid decent team out and we did play well all bar Forster caskey in my opinion today, he should have come off at half time, but looking at other peoples views, they seem to think he had a good game so not sure.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
The result was due to us playing so deep for the whole second half. Nothing to do with the "weakened" team.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
The only thing that annoys me slightly (and it is very slightly) is not having PIG in goal.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
no he does get how to use a squad, thats why he's a commentator and not a manager.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
The only thing that annoys me slightly (and it is very slightly) is not having PIG in goal.

This.

I was pleased with team. Ulloa, Lua Lua and Buckley was positive, as was playing JFC behind them. Chicksen has the ability to provide pace down wing too and I prefer Calde to Bruno. Dunk played better than Greer has. That was no "second team"

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
And who would Savage have picked instead?

I thought the team did well, Brez made no mistakes and even caught a cross(!), the kids did well and the attacking lineup was one everyone has wanted to see for ages. Their goal - maybe Dunk did dive in, but it was a classy finish. As for defending too deep - probably a result of Upson's dodgy knee and an inexperienced left back up against a pretty good player.

All in all, no complaints. Hull were poor but then I thought they were last year as well. Am looking forward to seeing (or more likely hearing) Buckley and March on at the same time. If Hull play like that in the replay, we can turn them over.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Only THREE of our starting XI haven't played regular first team football this season. THREE. People really need to get a grip. And there was nothing TK could have to stop their goal so people acting as if his inclusion would have made a difference are deluded.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Glad that most people disagree with him, I was just getting ready for a rant but no need now. It was not a weak team.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here