Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Oscar Satisfied with Draw

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Despite the fixture congestion brought about by a replay Oscar Garcia was content with the*1-1 draw against Premier League Hull City.
Leo Ulloa’s third goal in as many games looked to have sealed Albion’s place in the sixth round of the FA Cup, but Yannick Sagbo’s late intervention forced a replay next Monday, meaning the Seagulls face two games in three days.
Oscar told seagulls.co.uk, “I am very proud of the performance of all my players. We played really well against Premier League opposition who are a very good team.
*“We had our chances to win but they did as well. In the first half we were the better side and in the second half it was very even.
“If we had scored the second goal then the game in the second half would have been different but we did not do it and they then scored.
“We knew that until the end Hull would push and press us but we had our chances, we didn’t take them and Hull took maybe the last one.
“We will see how the squad copes now as it’s not easy to play two games in three days against two Premier League squads like Wigan and Hull, but we will go there to have a go.”
ulloa-l229-1365802.jpg

Ulloa put Albion ahead against Hull City
Meanwhile the Albion head coach commended his younger players for their part in the solid display against the Tigers and also explained why both Will Buckley and Ulloa were substituted.
“I am pleased with the young players because most of them have not played for a long time and they showed everybody that they can play at this level.
“Will Buckley was not feeling well and he was not able to play in the second half, so we brought Solly March on, and Leo was really tired and was feeling his calf so he could not finish the game.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here