Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Subsidised coach travel to Hull ??

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
So the game appears to be next Monday night, I just wonder if there might just be some sort of gesture from the club with subsidised coach travel up to the game ? Let's say a tenner per per person ? Loads of other clubs run similar schemes, reckon we would at least double the support !

Would you go if something like this was in place ?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I don't think "loads" of other clubs do it, do they?

You occasionally hear of that sort of gesture, usually when it's an important game, or has previously been postponed/abandoned in deeply annoying circumstances. But it's by no means a regular thing.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I don't think "loads" of other clubs do it, do they?

You occasionally hear of that sort of gesture, usually when it's an important game, or has previously been postponed/abandoned in deeply annoying circumstances. But it's by no means a regular thing.

Ok maybe not a regular thing, but clubs have done it before, and owing to the dreadful travel conditions tonight and the fact the game is on a Monday night, think it would be a great PR excersise if the club did something like this, you never know Meridian and South Today might get gripped with cup fever and get a camera crew down to the pick up point interviewing weary eyed fans boarding coaches !

Come on where's your romance gone ?

I might even get my lad to make a tin foil fa cup !!!

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Ok maybe not a regular thing, but clubs have done it before, and owing to the dreadful travel conditions tonight and the fact the game is on a Monday night, think it would be a great PR excersise if the club did something like this, you never know Meridian and South Today might get gripped with cup fever and get a camera crew down to the pick up point interviewing weary eyed fans boarding coaches !

Come on where's your romance gone ?

I might even get my lad to make a tin foil fa cup !!!

Are Portsmouth or Gillingham playing then ?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Oh it would be nice PR, I just can't see it happening, that's all. I think they did buy people who went to Middlesbrough a pint though....

If they did run a cheap coach, I'd seriously think about it. As it stands, I've already sounded out work about getting the Monday & Tuesday off, so will probably drive up.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
What's everyone moaning about a Monday in Hull for? If you believe everything on NSC, it'll be much easier to get to than The Amex.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Hull on a Monday? Sorry but I'm washing my cat.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I've never actually been to Hull, either the city or the ground.

I'm desperate to get the day off work so I can go and see if it's as good as people say :)

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Got myself a £10 train voucher, so only £6 return from Sheffield. Problem is if it goes to extra time and pens I either wait til 5.20am by myself for the first train, or have to leave early.

Oh well, think i'll take the risk as it's a new ground for me.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's going to be a European Capital of Culture, for God's sake. Why WOULDN'T you want to go?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here