Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Regular goal scorer needed to play along with Ulloa I think

Luke3496

Feb 16, 2014
After watching tonights game, only 1 shot on target, very poor in my opinion. We defiantly need another prolific goalscorer to play along with Ulloa. Would give us a betterchsnce of winning more games!

Luke3496

Feb 16, 2014
Changing the formation around deffo and dropping someone else! When we counter Ulloa seems to be isolated most of time, and Obika was useless when he cam one, it was like we at 10 players! poor design to take Ulloa off. He looked like the only one that was going to get a second goal.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
So, you think having a second prolific goalscorer to go alongside our first one would win us some games eh?

<strokes chin>

It's a crazy, mad idea but it just might work. I wonder if Oscar Garcia has ever thought of having another regular goalscoring player in the team? You should probably suggest that to him, then he can go and pick one up on the cheap.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
After watching tonights game, only 1 shot on target, very poor in my opinion. We defiantly need another prolific goalscorer to play along with Ulloa. Would give us a betterchsnce of winning more games!

Thanks for stating the obvious :thumbsup:

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Just someone with a bit of pace would be good. The three or so times we were pretty much through on goal in the last quarter of the game we were run down before anything could come of it. No pace and easily caught.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Just someone with a bit of pace would be good. The three or so times we were pretty much through on goal in the last quarter of the game we were run down before anything could come of it. No pace and easily caught.

That's why Rodriguez should have come on instead of Obika.

D

Deleted member 22389

We can't afford a new goal scorer, hopefully CMS will be back....

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
So, you think having a second prolific goalscorer to go alongside our first one would win us some games eh?

<strokes chin>

It's a crazy, mad idea but it just might work. I wonder if Oscar Garcia has ever thought of having another regular goalscoring player in the team? You should probably suggest that to him, then he can go and pick one up on the cheap.

Clever

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
We defiantly need another prolific goalscorer to play along with Ulloa.

I don't think any defiance is called for. I think all teams would like a prolific striker.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think we should buy 11 world class players then we will be the best team in the world

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think all teams would like a prolific striker.
or 10, in Forest's case.

I'd really like a quality keeper.
Rock solid centre halfs.
Attacking skillful full backs.
A beast of a centre midfielder.
A pass master further forward
Some nimble wingers
A forward who scores a goal a game.

I guess you can't have everything, can you.

Bazzza67

Feb 6, 2011
Brighton, UK
Ulloa was signally the bench to come off last night...He seem to pull up when he chased a ball down and collided with a Hull defender. He was wincing when he went off and went straight down the tunnel...hopefully, will be OK for Wigan..

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
The poster has a good point, apart from Ulloa who ran in on goal last night, there was no one capable of scoring on the counter, when Hull were clearly susceptible to this. Lua Lua, clueless on what to do when clear, Obika had a chance to get away and had no idea what to do, resulting with him falling over. Whilst Oscar clearly encourages shooting, this is an area that needs to be worked on as a shot thats not on target is a wasted opportunity. Too many times recently I have seen the wrong choices made when to shoot and not to shoot or when to pass. This needs to be focused on because we need to be more of a threat in front of goal.Our midfield also needs to identify when our strikers are making a run through the channels and play the timely ball, its all micro commentary I know but its relevant.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
After watching tonights game, only 1 shot on target, very poor in my opinion.

Stats are wrong. I can think of two others shots on target in the first half alone.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1

That is a bit strong.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

<strokes chin>

Oscar probably did think of it, asked the scouting department to find him one and we got Obika, Job done.

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
3 seasons at the Amex and you could probably count on one hand when we've played with 2 out and out strikers so why do people keep bringing it up. Neither of the 2 managers have played that formation so I doubt it's going to change soon.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here