Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not playing our best team against a Premiership side in the FA Cup

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Tonight was our biggest chance of progression in a cup competition since 1986, we didn't play our best side and we'll never know if we would have progressed.

Players did their best tonight, but feel let down by the club management. Now we have a trip to Hull, how thinks we're gonna win? Steve Bruce cares for sure..

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
but started both Buckley and Lualua...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Thought we did well but tired towards the end.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Hull put out a stronger side than expected.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.

Disagree that Chicksen had a good game, looked very nervous throughout. Our way of play really breaks down if the full backs don't push on. Ward should have started, as should Thomas although Pete did OK. I think Dunk's a good player and it's a fine call between him and Greer, do didn't mind that one. Would have preferred Orlandi to JFC too if he was fit.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
The team played well, but I have to say that I was disappointed when it was announced. Yes, Brez was excellent, Chicksen was good and Dunk was as good as I've ever seen him, but who'd have predicted that? The selection certaily suggested that we weren't taking the tournament as seriously as most of us would like us to.

Is Stephens cup tied? I know he hasn't made the most dynamic of starts, but Andrews doesn't merit a first team place.

And where is Agustien?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I can understand us resting players, but it was too many. Chicksen and Lua Lua down the left is a gamble, but when you also give Ward and Orlandi the night off you're asking for trouble. We were crying out for a change down that side and surprise, surprise, that's where the goal came from.

It's all very well Garcia whinging about three games in two days but a stronger first eleven, a wiser bench or a better use of the third sub might have avoided the replay. Disappointing.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Thought we did well but tired towards the end.

But that was obvious. Too many players who have not played 90 minutes regularly for a long time:

Lua lua
Buckley
JFC
Chicksen
Dunk

And to a lesser extent Andrews, Brez and Calderon, yet he only uses two subs in 90 minutes and it was our first game in 9 days

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I think Hull put out a stronger team than us on a like for like basis. I'm sorry but English managers just have more passion for the FA Cup. Steve Bruce is dying to play Sunderland in the quarters...

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
It is really only Chicksen who did not have plenty of first team experience and I thought he had a very good game. Truth is we actually played pretty well last night and if Leo had buried that sitter at the end of the first half that team would have been good enough to win the tie. I do not see what the moaning is about to be honest.

I think this cup run has managed to solidify our strength in depth, with the youngsters gaining valuable competitive experience.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
It is really only Chicksen who did not have plenty of first team experience and I thought he had a very good game. Truth is we actually played pretty well last night and if Leo had buried that sitter at the end of the first half that team would have been good enough to win the tie. I do not see what the moaning is about to be honest.

I think this cup run has managed to solidify our strength in depth, with the youngsters gaining valuable competitive experience.

Chicksen has played over 80 competitive games.

Far more than JFC, obika, ince, march.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here