Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Hopefully bringing him back slowly, hopefully

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Just a precaution according to Naylor.

Agustien, Calderon, Ince and JFC have all come off at half time and featured in the following match (doesn't completely rule out they were taken off for injuries, but suggests they were tactical, bruno and someone else has been subbed at half time and missed the following game suggesting they were injury related)

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Just a precaution according to Naylor.

Agustien, Calderon, Ince and JFC have all come off at half time and featured in the following match (doesn't completely rule out they were taken off for injuries, but suggests they were tactical, bruno and someone else has been subbed at half time and missed the following game suggesting they were injury related)

Commentators confirmed the Buckley substitution was tactical and not due to any injury to Buckley.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm clinging to the hope the game plan was:-

'Just play 45 mins, full gas, and your coming off, no matter what'.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
I suspect it was Oscar's plan all along to give both Buckley and March 45 minutes. Makes sense with the weight of fixtures coming up.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
The two fellas behind me (who sporadically go to games):

"Looks like March is on for Buckley"
"Good, he did nothing in the first half"

Nothing. Apart from make one of our best technical goals this season, and constantly stretch the defence. Nothing.
Aye carumba.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Nothing. Apart from make one of our best technical goals this season, and constantly stretch the defence. Nothing.
Aye carumba.
Not to mention the cross that was his last touch of the game.

Also lets not forget many on this board, 3 weeks ago, were happy to drive Buckley to Selhurst for the price of a full tank of petrol.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Taking Buckley off, may have cost us the win.
I like March, a lot, but Buckley was offering us something different, and was often in the centre as well as being wide.
His link-up play with Leo was causing them a lot of headaches.

Oscar May well have rested him, but it has back fired quite badly now with us needing a replay.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Taking Buckley off, may have cost us the win.
I like March, a lot, but Buckley was offering us something different, and was often in the centre as well as being wide.
His link-up play with Leo was causing them a lot of headaches.

Oscar May well have rested him, but it has back fired quite badly now with us needing a replay.
Yeah your right, Will should have run himself into the ground until his hamstrings finally snapped.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Yeah your right, Will should have run himself into the ground until his hamstrings finally snapped.

Or he could do the bloody job he is paid for and play football.
He's a young lad ffs.
He can last 90 minutes without dying!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Or he could do the bloody job he is paid for and play football.
He's a young lad ffs.
He can last 90 minutes without dying!!!!!!!!!!!!
We are talking about the same Will Buckley who clearly can't last 90 minutes without metaphorically 'dying'.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
One thing I noticed watching the game again this morning, after playing Ulloa through, Buckley doesn't push up in support of Leo, now if Leo had hit the post or McGregor had parried it back out, you would want another player forward for any rebound

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here