Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Best Thing For Me is Bucker is back

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
He got a decent 45 minutes and looked at times like he was on the way back to his dynamic best. Ulloa and Buckley could make the difference for us now.

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
He got a decent 45 minutes and looked at times like he was on the way back to his dynamic best. Ulloa and Buckley could make the difference for us now.

I thought he was poor tonight. Only to be expected with his lay off but thought we were much more balanced with solly in the second half.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Disagree. Think March made Buckley look very average and contributed much more overall. Don't get me wrong I think Buckley is a great player but he still looked quite a long way off to me.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I thought he was poor tonight. Only to be expected with his lay off but thought we were much more balanced with solly in the second half.

So he created the first and laid a second on a plate and he was poor.

Even though he is not at his best he creates nearly all our chances and yet still people slag him off.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Likewise. He got done by the full-back poking the ball down one side and running down the other to receive it. Suffice to say, it's him that should be doing this to the full-back, not the other way round. He was poor, and not just in that moment.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Yeah i thought him class. His touch far outskills most we have there. Some others can do some fancier tricks at times, but he's the only one in my book who can lay a precise floater like Buckers. His galloping ways have me generally on thrill mode.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
So he created the first and laid a second on a plate and he was poor.

Even though he is not at his best he creates nearly all our chances and yet still people slag him off.

Cant see any reason to slag anyone off tonight....that must have been the first time he has started for nearly 6 weeks and yet he still created our best 2 chances of he game...hey ho

Sep 27, 2011
Bodmin, Cornwall
Thought he had a good 45 personally. Tracked back well, set up the goal and provided the cross for the 2nd.. well almost. Also thought March did very well and looked really comfortable.

The joy of having competent wingers on and off the bench? maybe.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Anyone that thought Buckley played poor and should have came off obviously didn't see Lua Lua's contribution.

The simple answer is that they were both off the pace. Solly looked the more accomplished winger.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Best game he's played in a while. Looked like he had some of his confidence back and actually looked bothered to play. Cannot wait until he's fully fit with Lua Lua and March also looking good. Said it on another thread after the Leeds game, Lua Lua is an impact player who should come on to attack tiring defences, played well until he got burnt out towards the end. Which is understandable after running back and forth the whole game, some poor dives though by him.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Some really odd views here but as already stated he set up both the goal and the "sitter" missed by Leo, I don't care what else he does if he can do that twice in 45 minutes!

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Disagree. Think March made Buckley look very average and contributed much more overall. Don't get me wrong I think Buckley is a great player but he still looked quite a long way off to me.

and what did March create ? i like march but buckley made the goal and laid on a sitter which was missed by leo

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
Buckley is one of the few definites on the team sheet should we make the Premier. I can only assume the anti brigade on here were either not at the match or watching TV. Will is class act, was great in the first half and terrifies defenders when he's on song. If he can get properly match fit, he's a great foil for Leo, who should have buried the game with the free header.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here