Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Obika

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
I'm happy with the performances tonight from every one except Obika - he came on and did nothing good up front and defensively he didn't even bother vs Meyler (we cleared off the line). Looked like he didn't care to be honest

EDIT - Andrews didn't play too well either, I'm not a great fan of him as it is, all he does is pass sideways most of the time, most CMs can do that

Last edited:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
It looked like we went down to 10 men when Ulloa came off. No idea what Obika adds. Every time I've seen him he's looked very poor.

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
I agree. Probably a good athlete but clearly doesn't understand the game of football. Never takes the correct position and doesn't know what to do with the ball when he has it

Has looked poor every time I have seen him

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He's gash and should be playing for a team like Stevenage. I hope he was incredibly cheap.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Don't think anyone can disagree with the consensus here. Looked VERY slow and a bit clumsy. Shame. Also thought, despite his best efforts, Chicksen looked out of his depth. Great experience for him though and no doubt he'll get better and better.

I don't get these loan signings of mediocre strikers we partake in currently. Paynter, Lita, Obika... can't think of another. We know they are going to be shit before they arrive, they are shit when they get here and more importantly they don't fit into the playing style in any way, shape or form. Why he didn't bring Rodrigiuez on for Ulloa to stretch the game and then Lopez for Lua Lua to steady the ship I do not know. Makes very little sense.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Don't think anyone can disagree with the consensus here. Looked VERY slow and a bit clumsy. Shame. Also thought, despite his best efforts, Chicksen looked out of his depth. Great experience for him though and no doubt he'll get better and better.
I thought Chicksen started well but got very panicky in the second half. He had clearly been targetted as a weak link as ElMohamsy or whatever his name is was swinging in tons of crosses in front of him for the duration of the all second half.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Rodriguez should have been Leo's replacement. I didn't think much of Andrews performance either.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Obika - shocking player on every level
How on earth he gets on ahead of Spanish rod ??? God only knows

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Ulloa scores that header and it doesn't matter what Obika can and can't do.

If Barnes had failed to hit the target with such a chance, there would be 75 threads devoted to the subject already.

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011

If Barnes had failed to hit the target with such a chance, there would be 75 threads devoted to the subject already.

Yes Ulloa should of scored but many of our players should of done better outside the box (LuaLua, JFC etc.) They tried but Obika literally was the definition of shit

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Why the need to knock our own players? He wasn't great but 10 - 15 minutes here and there are not going to help him (not saying he should start in front of Ulloa).
Will never understand the need to have a go rather than praise players or congratulate a team on a good passing movement rather than knocking a missed pass etc

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
Why the need to knock our own players? He wasn't great but 10 - 15 minutes here and there are not going to help him (not saying he should start in front of Ulloa).
Will never understand the need to have a go rather than praise players or congratulate a team on a good passing movement rather than knocking a missed pass etc

I understand where you're coming from but it was more the lack of effort for him

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010

If Barnes would have missed that header he would have DEFINITELY made a pig's ear out of the one on one, so it would have been deserved.

Agree with all about Obika. His touch looks, at best, agricultural.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here