Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Martin Samuel

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Mail have always had the best sports writers. Ian Wooldridge, Patrick Collins to name another 2.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Mail have always had the best sports writers. Ian Wooldridge, Patrick Collins to name another 2.

Well, that's quite a claim. They certainly spend a large amount of money on their sports desk for a paper that is mainly aimed at frightened middle-class women. Sammy* left The Times because the Fail paid him an unbelievable amount of dosh, as they did Paul Hayward - literally the sort of set-you-up-for-life sum you couldn't logically turn down. Paul decided after a while that money wasn't everything, much to his credit.

(* who is, I agree, up there with the very best - his breadth of reference is awe-inspiring).

Last edited:

arkan

Jan 26, 2010
Sittingbourne
I despise the Daily Fail but have always said their sports pages are the best newspaper wise.
I dont live with my mum anymore so never read it anymore as i wouldnt wipe my arse with it let alone pay good money for it.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Definitely the best in the business. Especially since he informed us that it was Wilf who DIDN'T want to go back to the Jesters and not Moyes stopping him.

mccraque

Feb 24, 2009
Am I the only one who thinks he's a fat tossbag with a beard? I hate it when he's on Skysports on a sunday morning. Actually...I dislike all of them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here