Jun 5, 2011
donoghue-170214-l229-1364694_478x359.jpg

John Donoghue was pleased with his side's performance

PUBLISHED
12:30 17th February 2014
by James Hilsum
I was happy with the result and how the players performed."
John Donoghue
Albion women’s head coach John Donoghue was pleased with the professionalism of his players after the side eased past Plymouth to reach the FA Cup fourth round.The Seagulls avoided a potential upset by beating the South West Combination side 4-0 yesterday and now face Coventry City at the Ricoh Arena on 16th March.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “I was happy with the result and how the players performed. It was great to have four of our attacking players on the score-sheet, with Tammy (Waine), Kirsty (Barton), Becky (Merritt) and Kim (Whitcombe) all finding the net.
“Our second goal was the best in terms of overall play, as Kirsty finished off a lovely passing move.
“But to be honest, Plymouth were good. They were brave and could do well in their league. I wouldn’t be surprised if they won promotion this year and we end up playing them next season.”
Donoghue believes it is a great opportunity to play at the Ricoh Arena, but insists that the immediate focus is on the upcoming league match at Portsmouth on Wednesday night, before Worthing Town visit Withdean in the Sussex Challenge Cup semi-finals on Sunday.
He added, “I’m looking forward to travelling up there (Coventry) and for the players to play on a large pitch and a good quality surface.
“But, first and foremost, we have to think about Portsmouth; so we need to assess the players’ fitness ahead of a second match in four days. We’ve also got the semi-final of the County Cup to consider.
“We’ve got the DVDs of the last match against Coventry, and will look at them properly closer to the time. Hopefully the players will step it up again and produce another good performance.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here