Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Safe Standing/BBC Late Kick Off: Help Required

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
As you are no doubt aware, the Safe Standing campaign has recently gone from strength to strength and various features and surveys have been carried out to highlight what fans think of the proposed changes.

The BBC's Late Kick Off programme are planning to produce an item on Safe Standing, for their show on April 14th. They would like to - at some point before then – take a fan who usually sits to watch their matches, to a game where there are already terraces, to get your thoughts on “why it’s better”.

They would be looking to take you to a Brentford, Crawley or Wycombe match in the next few months as part of the feature. If this is something you'd be up for, please drop me a message.

Ideally, they are looking for a “couple of fans” to take to another game. Even better if you are someone who has “never stood at a game” (although I’m not sure how easy a fan like that would be to find!).

:albion2:

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
I'm sure plenty on here would love to help - but I can't remember the last time I sat at a football match, and suspect lots on here would be the same :lolol:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Did anyone see the atrocious debate on this on the BBC with Mark Lawrenson and Dion Dublin?

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
Did anyone see the atrocious debate on this on the BBC with Mark Lawrenson and Dion Dublin?

Yes. Dion Dublin is an imbecile. It's a travesty that clowns like him have a platform to air their opinions when there are probably hundreds of sports journalists out there who would do an infinitely better job.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Yes. Dion Dublin is an imbecile. It's a travesty that clowns like him have a platform to air their opinions when there are probably hundreds of sports journalists out there who would do an infinitely better job.

He always strikes me as a 'could improve', which is infinitely better than the always awful Garth Crooks.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
This is a genuine question - why would standing on an old fashioned terrace (ie one where you can stand wherever you like), be the same as standing in a safe standing area (one where you stand in an allocated spot, with all that goes with that)?

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
This is a genuine question - why would standing on an old fashioned terrace (ie one where you can stand wherever you like), be the same as standing in a safe standing area (one where you stand in an allocated spot, with all that goes with that)?

It wouldn't be. but there aren't many safe standing terraces in the south east. So that's as close as you can get for now.

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
Well precisely, so it is not a fair comparison. They should fly them out to Germany instead....

Yeah I see what you mean, but I think the feature is more about 'what do you prefer about standing over seating?' They will make a point to stress that what the campaign is working towards is the introduction of rail seats as opposed to the old style terracing. Would happily fly out to Germany but not sure what the BBC Late Kick Off budget is!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here