Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Care.data

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Are you all insane? Imagine the power that the New World Order will have once they can use a swipe card to discover that Mrs Miggins of Great Yarmouth once had a slight allergic reaction to amitriptyline?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Are you all insane? Imagine the power that the New World Order will have once they can use a swipe card to discover that Mrs Miggins of Great Yarmouth once had a slight allergic reaction to amitriptyline?

I'd be more interested in that sex change she had 15 years before :whistle:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Typical Guardian moral panic. As bad as the Mail. Better medicine and cheaper insurance? Yes please.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I'm more than happy for my info to be used for my future treatment and for a larger database for medical research etc. - rather less happy if they're selling it to insurance companies so they can charge me more (though, I guess you could argue, that if the insurance charges are targeted at me specifically, I may then paying what I should be rather than an average).

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I'm more than happy for my info to be used for my future treatment and for a larger database for medical research etc. - rather less happy if they're selling it to insurance companies so they can charge me more (though, I guess you could argue, that if the insurance charges are targeted at me specifically, I may then paying what I should be rather than an average).

With better underwriting data you should be charged less. The trend in the life insurance industry currently is to aim for better underwriting solutions so that costs can be kept down and contracts sold directly through aggregators (i.e. Compare the Market) rather than IFAs. This drives down premiums. Obviously the exception is if you are unhealthy or a very heavy drinker but then you SHOULD be paying more.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Typical Guardian moral panic. As bad as the Mail. Better medicine and cheaper insurance? Yes please.

It's not a Guardian article, it's not even an article. :dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce:

Either way, what's the fuss? I quite like that health professionals have my medical records, seems to make sense. If the OP thinks that doctors have time to go nosing through files unneccessarily he is even more of a nitwit than I first thought. What's on your record OP? Paranoid Schizo?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
It's not a Guardian article, it's not even an article. :dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce:

Either way, what's the fuss? I quite like that health professionals have my medical records, seems to make sense. If the OP thinks that doctors have time to go nosing through files unneccessarily he is even more of a nitwit than I first thought. What's on your record OP? Paranoid Schizo?

Only come up as a discussion because of this - also the front page lead. All over twtter / media etc. The article. Not the standard NHS form.

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/jan/19/nhs-patient-data-available-companies-buy

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Sorry to be a ignoramus, but why would someone wish to opt out?

You're not an ignoramus.

Some people are just paranoid about information and what is known about them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here