Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Upson interview on PLAYER

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
the best interview I have heard from a Brighton player(and I'v heard a few) articulate,funny, and the bloke talks absolute sense.
definitely worth a look you might find out a little more about him and Oscar.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
the best interview I have heard from a Brighton player(and I'v heard a few) articulate,funny, and the bloke talks absolute sense.

Damn being a student and not having it. What kind of things are mentioned?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

I've just finished watching/listening to it and he comes across as a model professional, articulate and thoroughly likeable.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

signing for the club and not the manager
difference between managers in the dressingroom
how he enjoys playing later in his career especially at the Albion
going all the way why not
his love of being able to play the ball out of defence
and much else
he is one of the best signings by any manager at the Albion and lets hope he can play on for a good few more years

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

Loves the Cup, happy to play single season contracts. He enjoys and understands the way we play football. Believes that you sign for the club not the manager as managers come and go. Feels he is playing as good as he was three years ago but is still looking to improve. Said that Oscar has a tough side to him.

Generally looking very content with his career.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
He also said that he wants to play as long, and at as high a level as he can. I picked up a slight implication (though he didn't actually say it) that he thinks he can still play in the PL. Given that many, including me, have him as their player of the season so far, he'd probably be right. Let's hope it's with the Albion! If we don't go up this season, I'd guess he'll get offers from lower PL sides in the summer.

He's very articulate and also likeable. A future manager, I'd guess.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
He also said that he wants to play as long, and at as high a level as he can. I picked up a slight implication (though he didn't actually say it) that he thinks he can still play in the PL. Given that many, including me, have him as their player of the season so far, he'd probably be right. Let's hope it's with the Albion! If we don't go up this season, I'd guess he'll get offers from lower PL sides in the summer.

Yep agree, I hope he stays and sees his future as part of the academy as a first step in his coaching career, if that's the way he wants to go. He certainly comes across as someone who has the right mindset and experience for management.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

That would kind of go against signing for the club and not the manager? But lets be honest if someone came in for him I'm sure he would be tempted to give the Prem another go.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He does come across as a top bloke. His missus is a nutter though.

My mates were on a stag do last summer in Majorca, in the same hotel as Matty Upson, also on a stag do, and his MISSUS dragged herself along, and wouldn't leave the poor sod alone apparently. Massive bust up on the 2nd night too.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU

I said the same (about wanting to play in the Prem) after seeing his interview on Focus the other day. He would go given the chance, imo.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

Agreed. A credit to his profession and a sense of humour!

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
That would kind of go against signing for the club and not the manager? But lets be honest if someone came in for him I'm sure he would be tempted to give the Prem another go.

I don't think so; didn't we only offer him a contract until the summer? I would be amazed if we didn't offer him a one year extension, but I think others will be competing for his signature.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here