Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WSC Article About The Albion

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What is actually correct in that feature?

If tonight ends 7-7 the whole lot would be bollox.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I was under the impression that the playing budget had been increased rather than cut, in spite of FFP restrictions.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I was under the impression that the playing budget had been increased rather than cut, in spite of FFP restrictions.
As this is the fourth and fifth line:-

Though the loss is a concern rather than disastrous, it shows how heavily former manager Gus Poyet was backed in the attempt to win promotion,

You can't expect the rest of the piece to be accurate.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I assume the article was referring to the fact that we sold more than we spent in the January transfer window, which is correct despite the actual available playing budget being slightly higher than last year.

To be honest, I've seen a lot worse reporting :)

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
As this is the fourth and fifth line:-

Though the loss is a concern rather than disastrous, it shows how heavily former manager Gus Poyet was backed in the attempt to win promotion,

You can't expect the rest of the piece to be accurate.

That bit IS accurate!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That bit IS accurate!
No it's not, the lose incorporates a load of 'other' expenditure that would be prudent to put in the pre FFP balance sheet such as redundancies.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
No it's not, the lose incorporates a load of 'other' expenditure that would be prudent to put in the pre FFP balance sheet such as redundancies.

But Gus was backed heavily! And this did explain almost all of the loss increase.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But Gus was backed heavily! And this did explain almost all of the loss increase.
Blimey your Gus antenna must have been constantly buzzing since 3:30 yesterday.

Gus wasn't given a £6.7 million 'war chest' to gain promotion with. (The difference between current, last and projected next loses)

But if you see it differently that's fine.
Like many others on NSC I have no intention of striking up a 'conversation' with you that involves the name Gus.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Blimey your Gus antenna must have been constantly buzzing since 3:30 yesterday.

Gus wasn't given a £6.7 million 'war chest' to gain promotion with. (The difference between current, last and projected next loses)

But if you see it differently that's fine.
Like many others on NSC I have no intention of striking up a 'conversation' with you that involves the name Gus.

Gus was given a significant increase. That increase has been maintained for Oscar. Oh, and suit yourself.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
So, Gus went because he fell out with Barber? Hardly "gross misconduct"

WSC often carry insightful and accurate articles. This ain't one of them.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
So, Gus went because he fell out with Barber? Hardly "gross misconduct"

WSC often carry insightful and accurate articles. This ain't one of them.

Have to agree that Gus' alleged falling out with PB is NOT gross misconduct. He was, however, sacked for gross misconduct. However, the WSC article does NOT say he was sacked because he fell out with PB, as you suggest.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

There's an explanation of the losses in the club programme tonight and I'm doing a longer one for the fanzine/blog.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
There's an explanation of the losses in the club programme tonight and I'm doing a longer one for the fanzine/blog.

Great. Will read with interest. I know it is impossible to separate player wages versus remainder of staff, based on statutory accounts. However, 41% is a huge increase in wages and, whilst I recognise that Oscar has an even better budget (slightly bigger than last season), Gus appears to be the beneficiary of 'heavy' backing last season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here