Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The B.A.F.T.A.S

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
What did you think?
The incomparable Mr Fry as great as ever. A few surprise winners, some surprising losers, some emotional tributes, and all finished off by, what I though was a very brilliant and well deserved fellowship award for Helen Mirren.

Last edited:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Fry's script was a bit lame this year. You've got to love a full-figured woman - that blonde who collected the award for the animated film Frozen in her black dress and also Oprah both looking fantastic.

Agree with the comment above, though, it was a bit of a borefest this year.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Gravity is visually impressive but isn't in the same league as 12 Years a Slave, The Wolf or Philomena. It is a bit of a snooze-fest to be honest. Bullock's performance was nothing to write home about either. Hopefully the Oscars will reward the latter films, as they are streets ahead of Gravity in terms of depth.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Gravity is visually impressive but isn't in the same league as 12 Years a Slave, The Wolf or Philomena. It is a bit of a snooze-fest to be honest. Bullock's performance was nothing to write home about either. Hopefully the Oscars will reward the latter films, as they are streets ahead of Gravity in terms of depth.

And as for it winning best 'British' Film - screw me a favour!

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Just me?

pg1.jpg

Johan-Cruyff-21292961-2-402.jpg

Thought it was a very strong year for film! Delighted The Great Beauty won and American Hustle/Gravity are fine films. Haven't seen 12 Years yet but it's bound to be good given who made it. Disappointed that Brighton's own Metro Manila didn't win but pleased it was nominated, the director Sean Ellis is a Dorothy Stringer lad - it's a brilliant film, an amazing mixture of Loach and Tarantino.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here