Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

-Boo-clap-or-meh part 2

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Any positive motions towards Gus would be an insult to our Chairman. Especially if you knew the full story.

Best met with silence and just get behind the stripes. If we get that far of course.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Any positive motions towards Gus would be an insult to our Chairman. Especially if you knew the full story.

WHAT IS THE FULL STORY, THEN????

Come on, tell us. Otherwise you are just being a MASSIVE dick.

Surport Local Team

Jan 5, 2011
Are chairman has backed us with 150 million and is life long fan, who's family are integrated with club history. Gus sulked/ uninterested in arguably our clubs biggest game in our history.

I know who I will be supporting!!!'

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Are chairman has backed us with 150 million and is life long fan, who's family are integrated with club history. Gus sulked/ uninterested in arguably our clubs biggest game in our history.'

Bigger than the FA Cup final, Newcastle 79?

What evidence have you got that he was uninterested or 'sulking' - have you spoken to the players, or other people who were around him that day? Interesting if so, because even though he has connection with us anymore no-one at all has come out and said this. Do you think perhaps it might just be your subjective interpretation? Perhaps from your view in the stands you thought he looked a little 'sulky'? Great reason to hate one the best managers in our club's history.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
What evidence have you got that he was uninterested or sulking.

Well the interview he gave to national TV immediately after the defeat didn't help. I appreciate emotions were running high but declaring that you've reached your limit and you're off wasn't endearing.

Don't get me wrong. He was a fantastic manager and I will always be grateful for the four great seasons he gave us. However, I have a hard time forgiving him for making that interview all about him and his ambitions minutes after what was a very painful defeat.

Thanks for the good times and all that but I'm on the good ship Oscar now. In response to the OP, probably a good clap followed by a full throated roaring on of the good guys in the blue and white stripes for the next 90 minutes.

Surport Local Team

Jan 5, 2011
Bigger than the FA Cup final, Newcastle 79?

What evidence have you got that he was uninterested or 'sulking' - have you spoken to the players, or other people who were around him that day? Interesting if so, because even though he has connection with us anymore no-one at all has come out and said this. Do you think perhaps it might just be your subjective interpretation? Perhaps from your view in the stands you thought he looked a little 'sulky'? Great reason to hate one the best managers in our club's history.

what if I said yes, would u believe me? just look at the facts, Tony Bloom is a fan and is backing us with money 150 million it stands to reason that he would not destroy one of the best managers we ever had. Gus destroyed that and blew our biggest match, yes bigger than fa cup in 83 and Newcastle the same way that in 30 years time a chance to get into top flight will surpass anything yet as time makes the matches more lucrative.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Well the interview he gave to national TV immediately after the defeat didn't help. I appreciate emotions were running high but declaring that you've reached your limit and you're off wasn't endearing.

Don't get me wrong. He was a fantastic manager and I will always be grateful for the four great seasons he gave us. However, I have a hard time forgiving him for making that interview all about him and his ambitions minutes after what was a very painful defeat.

Thanks for the good times and all that but I'm on the good ship Oscar now. In response to the OP, probably a good clap followed by a full throated roaring on of the good guys in the blue and white stripes for the next 90 minutes.

His reaction after the game was misjudged, classic case of Poyet opening his mouth before applying his brain. You could tell he was hurt by the defeat and said we had probably reached the 'ceiling', which was pretty accurate really (we were mid-table in terms of our wage bill yet finished 4th). No doubt there was a massive falling out between him and Bloom and Barber about the financial backing he was receiving, and whether it was possible to achieve promotion on our budget. An issue that has reared its head again this season

I am with you on all other counts - I'm fully behind Oscar and Bloom, but I think all the Poyet-haters need to step back a bit and recognise what he had achieved before his acrimonious departure. Clap and then cheer us on is correct I think. I kinda wish we hadn't drawn Sunderland. If we do beat Hull, it's gonna split our fans right down the middle - be worth avoiding this place for a few days, that's for sure.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
what if I said yes, would u believe me? just look at the facts, Tony Bloom is a fan and is backing us with money 150 million it stands to reason that he would not destroy one of the best managers we ever had. Gus destroyed that and blew our biggest match, yes bigger than fa cup in 83 and Newcastle the same way that in 30 years time a chance to get into top flight will surpass anything yet as time makes the matches more lucrative.

Most lucrative match is true, but not biggest in historical terms.

Don't forget it was Poyet who got us in that position in the first place - and I really don't think he 'blew it'.

Why would he not want us to reach the play-off final? Even if he had definitely decided that he wanted to further his career elsewhere, it would have been a massive achievement to have taken us up and would have put him right in the shop window for a Premier League job.

I think it's staggering that some people seriously believe that having worked with those players, and Tanno and Charlie, all season that he would deliberately sabotage our chances of achieving promotion. Why would any manager do that, even if they were in dispute with the club? It's beyond ridiculous.

He desperately wanted us to win the game, that much is obvious from the leaked email. On the night, Palace were better than us (although I can't help thinking what might have been had those one of those two good chances gone in). Unfortunately our players didn't turn up. It was our first defeat in 11 games, these things happen.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
His reaction after the game was misjudged, classic case of Poyet opening his mouth before applying his brain. You could tell he was hurt by the defeat and said we had probably reached the 'ceiling', which was pretty accurate really (we were mid-table in terms of our wage bill yet finished 4th). No doubt there was a massive falling out between him and Bloom and Barber about the financial backing he was receiving, and whether it was possible to achieve promotion on our budget. An issue that has reared its head again this season

I am with you on all other counts - I'm fully behind Oscar and Bloom, but I think all the Poyet-haters need to step back a bit and recognise what he had achieved before his acrimonious departure. Clap and then cheer us on is correct I think. I kinda wish we hadn't drawn Sunderland. If we do beat Hull, it's gonna split our fans right down the middle - be worth avoiding this place for a few days, that's for sure.

This is exactly how I feel about it. However, I think Poyet will end up doing our fanbase the biggest favour in the context of the match by stoking it up. If he doesn't open his trap, the split you talk of will be true but I think he'll get dirty and disrespectful in the media and ensure that he gets a united front against him.

It will be an interesting test if how impetous Poyet is. He has nothing to gain from opening his trap but I don't think he'll be able to resist it.

All with the big IF WE GET THERE caveat...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
This is exactly how I feel about it. However, I think Poyet will end up doing our fanbase the biggest favour in the context of the match by stoking it up. If he doesn't open his trap, the split you talk of will be true but I think he'll get dirty and disrespectful in the media and ensure that he gets a united front against him.

It will be an interesting test if how impetous Poyet is. He has nothing to gain from opening his trap but I don't think he'll be able to resist it.

All with the big IF WE GET THERE caveat...

This. He couldn't resist mouthing off about his 'bargain' Liam signing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here