Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trip to Currys

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Wife and I have to buy a new fridge freezer as I defrosted our present one enough said:) The dilemna is do we buy frost free or not. I have read the internet but am no nearer making a decision so if in doubt ask NSC somebody will have views knowledge or experience to pass on. Please

Telscombe Seagull

Aug 15, 2003
Burgess Hill
Love our frost free one, only note is that if anything isnt sealed tight it dries out. Guess thats the mosture being removed, hence the frost free part. We got ours after i thought that defrosting the old one would be quicker with a hot air paint stripper ( i blame the beer!) :whistle:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yeah buy frost free it's so much easier

I read the reports and questions on google and the general opinion was that frost free is good if food is used within a couple of weeks but the quality deteriorates over a longer period of time. Hence the question on here.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Check out Argos. Good prices on kitchen stuff.

Jul 7, 2003
Don't go to Currys though.

Visit Carters - they have a store up your way - but check their website first to see if there are any special web offers. You'll probably get just as good a deal as you would from Currys and you will also get some proper advice from people who know what they are talking about (rather than some spotty oik who is more interested in selling xBox games). Their delivery service is very good.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Don't go to Currys though.
I'm
Visit Carters - they have a store up your way - but check their website first to see if there are any special web offers. You'll probably get just as good a deal as you would from Currys and you will also get some proper advice from people who know what they are talking about (rather than some spotty oik who is more interested in selling xBox games). Their delivery service is very good.
Therea is one in Haywards Heath but having not been in there assumed it woukd be a lot dearer than Currys for the same product.
Thanks for the advice will have a walk down there tomorrow.

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
I read the reports and questions on google and the general opinion was that frost free is good if food is used within a couple of weeks but the quality deteriorates over a longer period of time. Hence the question on here.

Can't say I've noticed, the wife's a good cook so all seems fine to me

(had to say that incase she ever looks on here)

Aug 23, 2011
The main difference is a frost free freezer doesn't keep as steady a temperature as a "normal" freezer so things won't last as long. Freezers normally sit at -16 to -20C but frost free ones periodically warm up a bit to prevent the build up of ice. It depends how you use your freezer in terms of cycling through the food fairly quickly or always having a load at the back that is rarely touched. However at the end of the day as long as food is thoroughly cooked through you'll be fine.

Jul 7, 2003
Therea is one in Haywards Heath but having not been in there assumed it woukd be a lot dearer than Currys for the same product.
Thanks for the advice will have a walk down there tomorrow.

Definitely worth a stroll/ Not sure how big their HH store is - we went to the main store in Brighton to view the full range and they delivered to Worthing.

We got our Fridge-Freezer from there a few years ago and got a much better deal from Carters than we could get from Currys. They are part of the Euronics buying consortium so they benefit from bulk buying deals whilst still being an independent chain.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Co-op electrical is very good. Go through a cashback site and look on the internet for codes. I saved £50 on my fridge freezer. Deffo get a frost free one.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove

I've had frost-free for quite a few years now, and haven't noticed any deterioration of quality.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here