Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cyclists

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Not sure if this has been done before but I encountered a group of cyclists today hogging the middle of a busy A-Road,cycling two abreast completely oblivious to the massive tailback they were causing.

Now rightly or wrongly (you decide) this filled me with uncontrollable anger.

Personally I think the vast majority of cyclists are arrogance and egotistical personified. A view I'm sure will not be shared but my view all the same.

Be interested to hear the thoughts/experiences amongst NSC on cyclists as they seem to divide opinion like no other topic of conversation

theboybilly

To be honest I find it amazing how many motorists can't negotiate a single cyclist let alone a group of them. The cyclists were riding in a fashion acceptable by Highway Code standards it would seem. I'm not sure what you expected of them but I certainly wouldn't have ridden in the gutter to allow cars to pass thereby leaving myself wide open to being pushed into the verge or more liable to a puncture. You might want to ask yourself why you couldn't overtake safely....was it really the cyclists' fault?

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Damn lycra terrorists!! :angry:

Damn car wankers!! :angry:

Inconsiderate nobs on their Voctorian relics!! :annoyed:

Bloody, horn-tooting rev-limiting berks!! :annoyed:

Pay your road tax!! :tosser:

There's no such thing!!:tosser:

Get off the road you *******!!

Get off the ******* road, Merc jerk!!​

Repeat ad nauseum

:flounce:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What's the point of this dull, unimaginative, boring sh*te.

'not sure if it's been done', THIS WEEK!!!

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Can we have a subsection on the board entitled, 'Monotonous threads that cover the same old shite and no new ground, but get all concerned hot under the collar, again and A-****ing-GAIN'?

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Damn lycra terrorists!! :angry:

Damn car wankers!! :angry:

Inconsiderate nobs on their Voctorian relics!! :annoyed:

Bloody, horn-tooting rev-limiting berks!! :annoyed:

Pay your road tax!! :tosser:

There's no such thing!!:tosser:

Get off the road you *******!!

Get off the ******* road, Merc jerk!!​

Repeat ad nauseum

:flounce:

Not forgetting the pedestrians...

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
So, [MENTION=14284]poidy[/MENTION], you get "uncontrallably angry" with vulnerable road-users cycling in the safest possible manner, as recommended by the Highway Code, on a road they have just as much right to use as you, while taking up approximately the same width as you do when you're in a car ...

Might I humbly suggest that, if you're looking for arrogance and egotism in this situation, you're looking in the wrong direction?

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
So, [MENTION=14284]poidy[/MENTION], you get "uncontrallably angry" with vulnerable road-users cycling in the safest possible manner, as recommended by the Highway Code, on a road they have just as much right to use as you, while taking up approximately the same width as you do when you're in a car ...

Might I humbly suggest that, if you're looking for arrogance and egotism in this situation, you're looking in the wrong direction?

You can suggest whatever you please. Doesn't mean I'm inclined to agree with you though

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Can we have a subsection on the board entitled, 'Monotonous threads that cover the same old shite and no new ground, but get all concerned hot under the collar, again and A-****ing-GAIN'?

Yet you still felt the need to open it

The thread title was deliberately unambiguous

It's quite simple if you don't like the subject matter or it has gone over old ground for you don't open it

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Not sure if this has been done before but I encountered a group of cyclists today hogging the middle of a busy A-Road,cycling two abreast completely oblivious to the massive tailback they were causing.

Personally I think the vast majority of cyclists are arrogance and egotistical personified. A view I'm sure will not be shared but my view all the same.

Be interested to hear the thoughts/experiences amongst NSC on cyclists as they seem to divide opinion like no other topic of conversation

Can I just ask what it was you were doing on Sunday morning, that was so time critical ?

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I love cycling, give it a go and maybe you will enjoy it rather than sitting in your motor getting so angry you get home and start a rant about it on a football message board

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011

It is truely amazing how drivers have managed to create this ridiculous 'cyclist' stereotype.

Car drivers regularly display arrogance and ignore traffic laws.

They outnumber by a long way cyclists, and they are driving around in huge metal boxes that can achieve speeds that will kill at an instant.

Still, those bloody lycra clad cyclists.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

I no longer cycle but I find your post personifies arrogance and egoism.

You should seek some anger management support.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Having read the replies about the legality of the cyclists and your seeming inability to drive around them do you feel a bit of a knob now?

poidy

Aug 3, 2009

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here