Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Orlandi: Nothing to Lose

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
andrea-l229-1360061_478x359.jpg

Andrea Orlandi scored against Premier League Newcastle United in last year's FA Cup

PUBLISHED
11:35 16th February 2014
by Adam Tighe
We played against them last season and it was the hardest game of the year but we want to make them fight to get the result"
Andrea Orlandi
Andrea Orlandi says Albion’s players have the opportunity to achieve something memorable for the club in this year’s FA Cup - but must not take the test of Hull City lightly at the Amex this evening.
The former Barcelona man - who has cup history with Albion having scored in the 2-0 win over Newcastle at the Amex last season - says that the game provides players with a different opportunity to the Championship.
“We have nothing to lose," he told seagulls.co.uk. “In the FA Cup I think we can play with a bit more freedom and we just have to try to beat Hull which is the next step.
“Nobody is expecting us to win the cup but it is not what our mentality has to be, we have to go there and remember the amazing opportunity we have to impress.
“It is not a distraction, it is an opportunity to do something important for the club. It is always nice to get a break from the league when you are pushing for promotion because you are really stressed about getting the results to be up there.
“Whereas the cup is like a bonus where you can get a really big prize and the opportunity is there; I am personally really looking forward to it.”
vicente-l229-1356648.jpg

Orlandi celebrates Vicente's winner against Hull last season*
Orlandi says Albion must not get carried away, and have to respect Hull City's Premier League status.
We played against them last season and it was the hardest game of the year but we want to make them fight to get the result.
“I am really focused on the game; we are going to try and get through. We are only two steps from Wembley at the moment which is a great achievement.”
UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES
Albion v Hull City (FA Cup):
Monday 17th February, kick-off 7.45pm
Albion v Wigan Athletic:
Saturday 22nd February, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here